Suggestion for Reminder app for multiple providers

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I have all my Outlook and iCloud reminders synced via stock reminders app and Fantastical2. But... Google won’t let their data cross sync to either. Research has shown me that it is not possible.

Anyone out there have a solution or am I stuck having to use Google Tasks app separately?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The Reminder app just discussed here is nice. It is really an alternative view of the local data so it gets what your operating system and utilities sync.

Its list view is more like the built in app. It’s icon view is a change. It has a nice interface to make a quick change to dates and times.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
The Reminder app just discussed here is nice. It is really an alternative view of the local data so it gets what your operating system and utilities sync.

Its list view is more like the built in app. It’s icon view is a change. It has a nice interface to make a quick change to dates and times.

Yes but there is no Google integration. I have Office 365 for personal and G Suite for business. Gmail does not show up even though reminders is turned on in account settings.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes but there is no Google integration. I have Office 365 for personal and G Suite for business. Gmail does not show up even though reminders is turned on in account settings.

That's a Google problem. The Apple mobile client works great. I administer G Suite and Azure/365. Google's feature set is really lame compared to Microsoft's.

For some situations I use the Flow component in Office 365 to sync across the platforms.

For the organization where I'm G Suite admin we used the Trello integration for tasks to make up for the Google lack of features. There are Microsoft Flows out there for Trello but I've not used them.

The reality is Apple and Google server side features for work and collaboration are lacking or lame compared to Microsoft. I'm a stockholder for all 3 and always wish them success but Microsoft is the leader here. If one doesn't see it as a product user just look at earnings and market share.

You can also look at IFTT and Siri Shortcuts but for simplicity and effectiveness I've done more with flow and Microsoft's tools.

You can also say Microsoft's got some mess or unfinished business via To-Do out there with more fields than Exchange, and not having Planner tasks tied to one's Exchange in box.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
That's a Google problem. The Apple mobile client works great. I administer G Suite and Azure/365. Google's feature set is really lame compared to Microsoft's.

For some situations I use the Flow component in Office 365 to sync across the platforms.

For the organization where I'm G Suite admin we used the Trello integration for tasks to make up for the Google lack of features. There are Microsoft Flows out there for Trello but I've not used them.

The reality is Apple and Google server side features for work and collaboration are lacking or lame compared to Microsoft. I'm a stockholder for all 3 and always wish them success but Microsoft is the leader here. If one doesn't see it as a product user just look at earnings and market share.

You can also look at IFTT and Siri Shortcuts but for simplicity and effectiveness I've done more with flow and Microsoft's tools.

You can also say Microsoft's got some mess or unfinished business via To-Do out there with more fields than Exchange, and not having Planner tasks tied to one's Exchange in box.

I might just end up forwarding my G Suite to my iCloud address or 365 so I can manage everything with a small amount of resources (apps). I don’t like having to utilize 2 different task oriented apps.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I might just end up forwarding my G Suite to my iCloud address or 365 so I can manage everything with a small amount of resources (apps). I don’t like having to utilize 2 different task oriented apps.

FYI: This sparked my looking at the Flow templates and I see there's one to take a Planner task and make it a personal task in To-Do. I will try that because those show up in the Apple default app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2