Amazon Key - Are you comfortable with it and what it offers?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While viewing my email, I came across one from OnStar Member Services stating "Cadillac and Amazon have made your CTS even better". Then it went on to state that it was "Introducing In-Car Delivery With Amazon Key".

In summary, on the day that your Amazon order is to be delivered, you are required to "park in a publicly accessible area within two blocks of your selected delivery address. Amazon will authorize the delivery driver to unlock your vehicle. Once complete, you'll be notified and your vehicle will be relocked".

All I will say about this is ..... OH **** NO!

What about you? Are you comfortable with something like this?

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! While I like Amazon, their delivery process is trash at best. I’d never trust them or any other random delivery company with a key to my car or home. That’s just ridiculous!!!!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! While I like Amazon, their delivery process is trash at best. I’d never trust them or any other random delivery company with a key to my car or home. That’s just ridiculous!!!!

Exactly! The same people who have left a package sitting dead center in the middle of my driveway where I had to physically move it to get my car in the garage and who literally shoved a package into my mailbox so tightly that the door couldn’t close and my mail couldn’t be delivered that day. I’m supposed to trust them in my home and car? Heck no! There is no way I’m trusting those UPS rejects with that much access. If I could completely opt out of using them to deliver my Amazon purchases I would.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Sure, why not? If I understand correctly, they'd ONLY have access to the trunk, right? Of course, many cars have access into the car through the trunk so there's that. But what are the security provisions for this service? What liability does Amazon assume in regards to the vehicles once the unlock is processed? I'd want more information but as long as there are proper security measures in place, I don't see an issue here.