Apple Maps or Google Maps??

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been using Apple Maps exclusively over the past year, but I do have Google Maps and Waze installed. I haven't had any issues with Apple Maps. I also like how Apple Maps dives audio and vibration turn alerts to my Apple Watch as I'm usually driving with my phone in the console.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I’ve been using Apple maps since I came back to iOS recently. The one thing that I don’t like is how Apple Maps keeps telling how long it will take to get to a place near my work, not actually my work location. I finally just turned off notifications for the app and downloaded Google Maps. Google already knows all of my usual locations.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although Google maps has more options/functions, Apple Maps has worked well for me so I’ll keep using it until it doesn’t.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Better? Google Maps, they have the time and databases behind them. That being said, Apple Maps has made big improvements and I’ve been using it exclusively for a couple months now without issue.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I used to have Google maps on my phone, but when I upgraded from my 5s to my 6s, I didn't bother installing it. And now, a couple of years later, I don't miss it at all. We've had good luck with Apple Maps, including finding a family cemetery deep in a holler down in Kentucky. It came right up! We didn't really need validation, but THAT example definitely was proof enough!

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I have both installed but I have been using Waze for the past couple years exclusively. It's very real time with traffic alerts. Prior to that I always education Google Maps because it seemed to be updated more frequently.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I use Apple maps. I avoid giving info to google when I can. And Apple maps has been as good or better for my use. Waze is my backup. Google maps was deleted long ago.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Apple maps. I avoid giving info to google when I can. And Apple maps has been as good or better for my use. Waze is my backup. Google maps was deleted long ago.

I don't trust Apple with my info any more than Google. I actually never had any issues with Google.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711