Google Maps iOS turn by turn not speaking to my Bluetooth

anon(5600632)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Google Maps turn by turn navigation was working fine in my car, speaking through Bluetooth, both directly in Bluetooth mode and as Bluetooth phone calls while playing the radio. Until recently (last iOS update?). Now, if I change the car's radio from AM/FM to Bluetooth it'll work, but the "Play as Bluetooth Phone Call" feature, while the car radio is playing, has stopped working. The weird thing is that when Google Maps speaks, the car radio still displays an incoming call from my phone, but there is no sound. I've checked volume as well as every other setting I can think of.

I do not believe it is the car or iPhone hardware, because Apple Maps turn by turn speaks just fine as a Bluetooth phone call while my radio is playing. And Waze has the same problem as Google Maps. So I think I've got this narrowed down to the 3rd party apps not playing well with iOS.

Am I missing something, or is this another Google-Apple incompatibility issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know, but hopefully those who use both Google Maps and Waze will reply soon.

anon(5600632)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Now this is getting really weird. A couple of hours after I posted this, Apple Maps stopped working in "Play as a Bluetooth phone call" mode. I am stumped.

AllenPar

Apr 11, 2018
Visit site
With your iPhone paired to the cars stereo. Start navigation and then swipe up from the bottom. A menu should appear. Click on the Audio Icon. Then at the bottom of that menu turn on the option "Allow HFP Prompts". The meno with the Audio Icon will not be available until you are connected to your cars Bluetooth and navigating.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2