Ring app not ringing when bell pushed

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
My daughter's iphone it rings when the door bell is pushed. I would never know except my apple watch tells me. My screen doesn't wake for notifications and not getting the sound even though it is turned on in notification settings.

It is very concerning as the whole point of the Ring doorbell is to be able to see who is at the door. Not much use if I don't even know they are there!

Have had to hardwire a bell push and buy a wireless chime so I don't miss visitors at the door.

What can I do to get the screen to wake on notification and for the sounds to ring. I have an iPhone 6s

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Are you running the latest version of iOS? Sounds like something in there is jammed up. Have you tried to reset all of your settings? Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings.

Can you tell me please, what the app is you are using for the doorbell and how you set it up? I may be interested in that myself. I cannot hear the doorbell on the second floor of our house from the back bedroom.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would uninstall the Ring app and then reinstall. Make sure notifications are turned on in the app. It’s weird that the watch tells you and the alert isn’t on your phone.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you running the latest version of iOS? Sounds like something in there is jammed up. Have you tried to reset all of your settings? Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings.

Can you tell me please, what the app is you are using for the doorbell and how you set it up? I may be interested in that myself. I cannot hear the doorbell on the second floor of our house from the back bedroom.

She is using the “ring” doorbell app. It works alongside the ring video doorbell.

And for anyone interested I’m selling both the ring chime Pro and the regular chime in the marketplace... wound up not using them but love my doorbell.

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I have solved it for now. All my apps refused to notify in the end and so I did a backup and full reset. Now I get notifications as they should be. Screen coming on and all. What a palaver!

Urbansliker

Aug 25, 2018
Visit site
Took me a while butt I worked it out!
Disable Ring Notifications in the Apple Watch App Notifications.
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Go into Notifications and find Ring. Should be close to the bottom.
3. Toggle the switch to off.
Now test it by letting your phone screen turn off and push the doorbell.
You should now see your screen turn on and the notification ready to push.

I’m sure the developer missed a bit of codeing when designing the app which tells the app to notify bottom h the phone and watch when an event happens. It’s a simple fix for the developer but needs to be done by the developer.

I read some post saying it was because of the Bluetooth as to the reason why the notifications didn’t work. But this is not the reason. The only reason why it did work work when Bluetooth was turned off was because there was no notifications getting to the watch which meant there was no other option for ther doorbel but to have the phone notification work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73