Need a Wunderlist replacement

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Any suggestions for a Wunderlist replacement? Of course it would be great if there's some way to import lists from Wunderlist but I'm not holding out high hopes for that. Needs to work on iPhone for sure, iPad compatibility would be nice. Main use is lists for stuff like packing vehicles for camping, grocery lists, various shopping lists and are shared between my wife and myself. So for example the grocery list is shared and we can both add to it then when one of us goes to the store and buys the things and checks them off it's synced with everyone. Oh, browser access would be nice as well but not required (haven't been to the Wunderlist site in months now). Free or paid apps are fine, but would prefer not to have a recurring subscription cost.

edit: I've never used anything like the built in iOS Notes app or anything so I don't know if something like that would work. I came to Apple two years ago from Android and we were using Wunderlist well before that for cross platform capability.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello there!
I would recommend Todoist and its premium subscription. I’ve used it for many years and it works really well, especially with their Karma system.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is the native Reminders app with it ability to create lists insufficient for your needs?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Great. Share your thoughts about it, good or bad, if you don’t mind.

Well, that was horrible. Now I have a reminder heading I can't seem to delete as well. Not sure how this thing is supposed to work but yeah no way is this going to work for lists. Guess that's why it's for reminders?

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Todoist.. can’t get my wife on board so I’m jealous there. Maybe she enjoys nagging me when I forget stuff..

Todoist you can set projects and sub project with tasks nestled in. To add to it you can create a standard generic list and use that as a template by simply duplicating it when it comes to doing the entire task. Only £21 per year with use of as many apps as you like along with a web app too!

Oh and sms reminders as well as email and app ones

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, that was horrible. Now I have a reminder heading I can't seem to delete as well. Not sure how this thing is supposed to work but yeah no way is this going to work for lists. Guess that's why it's for reminders?

I’m sorry the Reminders app didn’t work out for you. I created 3 test lists before quickly deleting one of them. To delete, simply select edit and then select delete.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I’m sorry the Reminders app didn’t work out for you. I created 3 test lists before quickly deleting one of them. To delete, simply select edit and then select delete.

Yeah I figured that out after I posted. Navigation just seems really clunky for someone never using it before I opened it and it was already in a list for some reason and I finally realized you could swipe really hard or tap or something (not sure what I did) to take it back to a "homepage" of all your lists/reminders. I can see how it could work, but I think there must be some better 3rd party options out there or I'm just too used to Wunderlist lol.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Why did you stop using Wunderlist

I haven't yet, but it's going to eventually be shut down and replaced by MS's new app so I'm just trying to get ahead of it before I see a news story "Wunderlist shutting down in 2 months" and I have to rush to find a replacement.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't yet, but it's going to eventually be shut down and replaced by MS's new app so I'm just trying to get ahead of it before I see a news story "Wunderlist shutting down in 2 months" and I have to rush to find a replacement.

Oh i didn’t know that. Maybe you’ll like the new one.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Oh i didn’t know that. Maybe you’ll like the new one.

It's possible, if they get it done right I guess. Early feedback on it when it first hit beta which it's been in for over a year was really bad. They do mention that it has native ability to import Wunderlist stuff though. I might check out the current state of it just to see.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I figured that out after I posted. Navigation just seems really clunky for someone never using it before I opened it and it was already in a list for some reason and I finally realized you could swipe really hard or tap or something (not sure what I did) to take it back to a "homepage" of all your lists/reminders. I can see how it could work, but I think there must be some better 3rd party options out there or I'm just too used to Wunderlist lol.

No doubt. 3rd-party options will definitely be better. I used to use Any.Do, Clear, Things, and a few others, but now I simply use the native Notes app for lists.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I use Todoist.. can’t get my wife on board so I’m jealous there. Maybe she enjoys nagging me when I forget stuff..

Todoist you can set projects and sub project with tasks nestled in. To add to it you can create a standard generic list and use that as a template by simply duplicating it when it comes to doing the entire task. Only £21 per year with use of as many apps as you like along with a web app too!

Oh and sms reminders as well as email and app ones

It’s worth it IMO.
I love the Karma system they have, it helps to motivate me

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Todoist. I hate that they charge an annual fee, especially since some basic features like notifications/reminders are bundled in with the paid subscription. It almost made me switch but honestly I haven’t had time to look for a new one.

Todoist also has an Apple Watch app that works most of the time. ??????

Wow. That was not a rave review was it?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Todoist. I hate that they charge an annual fee, especially since some basic features like notifications/reminders are bundled in with the paid subscription. It almost made me switch but honestly I haven’t had time to look for a new one.

Todoist also has an Apple Watch app that works most of the time. í ½í¸³

Wow. That was not a rave review was it?

Are you saying that the $28.99 price is a reoccurring fee?

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the $28.99 price is a reoccurring fee?

Last I looked it was an annual fee. I’d gladly pay it once but not recurring. If they changed their model I’ll have to have another look.

I think the last time I looked it was something like $24.99 a year.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Last I looked it was an annual fee. I’d gladly pay it once but not recurring. If they changed their model I’ll have to have another look.

I think the last time I looked it was something like $24.99 a year.

Okay. Thank you.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
da517875305a103d38c309ebcd5dac3a.jpg

Just verified.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads