How do you weather?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have several Weather Apps. I caved and got Dark Sky about a month ago and it is phenomenal! I also use Storm (by Weather Underground), Weather Channel and a local tv news station’s weather app. Weather Hippie is amusing and BeWeather is nice but temperamental!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I uninstalled all weather apps except for the stock weather app. On my watch is the only one that updates in real time without me having to open the app.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I uninstalled all weather apps except for the stock weather app. On my watch is the only one that updates in real time without me having to open the app.

I’d use the stock app, but I like receiving severe weather alerts, so I’m using Dark Sky instead. It stopped auto-updating on my Watch for a while, but seems to be working reliably now.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I love Carrot's little smirks:

6cf3cdaa8c583158f93d4caa7f709bcf.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep, saw that one. I think the reason I turned my town was because I'm keeping sound turned on more with my phone these days and didn't want a vulgar outburst fromy phone when at work.

Haha! Yeah I keep the voice off in the app settings.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's been a year since I've replied in this thread so I need to update my reply. The weather apps that I use frequently on my iPhone X are as follows:

Weather Channel (Paid version). - The redesign is welcomed and the layout was made with common sense....:cool:

BeWeather 2 - Because of its access to numerous personal weather stations, it is still the most accurate, in my opinion.

Dark Sky - The alerts and rain accuracy is still top notch and the layout is getting there.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It's been a year since I've replied in this thread so I need to update my reply. The weather apps that I use frequently on my iPhone X are as follows:

Weather Channel (Paid version). - The redesign is welcomed and the layout was made with common sense....:cool:

BeWeather 2 - Because of its access to numerous personal weather stations, it is still the most accurate, in my opinion.

Dark Sky - The alerts and rain accuracy is still top notch and the layout is getting there.

Is BeWeather 2 still being updated? I bailed on it last year when it seemed to be abandoned. I went to Dark Sky, and I just bailed on that after the last UI overhaul made it look really boring. I'm on Carrot now and probably going to do a premium subscription to get Weather Underground data. Carrot uses Dark Sky's weather by default and that was my other issue is that it is nowhere near as accurate here as WU is.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, BeWeather 2 is still being updated and maintained. Weather Underground is definitely accurate, but I stopped using it a while back when I renewed a subscription (ad-free), then bought a new iPhone and that subscription didn't transfer over. I emailed them and they wouldn't fix the issue.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I didn’t realize it’s been a year my use has changed slightly too. I really like the new Dark Sky look and the Watch complication is working right now. I also still use Carrot for the snark and I’m still earning achievements.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW