How do you weather?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
This thread is perfect timing. I've been using BeWeather 2 since I came to iOS two years ago because it was most similar to the Android app I used "Beautiful Widgets" that allowed customization of the weather icons and used Weather Underground which I've used since the early 2000's in the website version for accurate local weather. With the extreme lack of updates though I've been thinking of going to something else. Either the Weather Underground app directly or maybe something like Dark Sky, but I don't know what that uses for weather. What do you guys think? I really don't need 20 billion weather apps so I'm just looking to run one.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This thread is perfect timing. I've been using BeWeather 2 since I came to iOS two years ago because it was most similar to the Android app I used "Beautiful Widgets" that allowed customization of the weather icons and used Weather Underground which I've used since the early 2000's in the website version for accurate local weather. With the extreme lack of updates though I've been thinking of going to something else. Either the Weather Underground app directly or maybe something like Dark Sky, but I don't know what that uses for weather. What do you guys think? I really don't need 20 billion weather apps so I'm just looking to run one.

You already have one - BeWeather 2....

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Lately I've been using this free app called "looking out the window". Amazingly accurate, plus whenever I use "look out the window" no matter where my location is I get detailed 3D images of where I'm at. (How cool is that?!) I also love the realtime weather effects like on clear days there's hardly any clouds with nice warm yellow sunshine effect, when it's raining I see raindrops hitting the ground, or if the wind is blowing I see wind moving the surrounding trees. With something like this available, I've basically stopped looking for anything else ...

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I use CARROT exclusively. I love the built-in humor but it’s also a phenomenal weather app. You’re right about the precipitation prediction from Dark Sky. It’s amazingly accurate.

Dark Sky in London is pretty bad at precipitation forecasts, often an hour or more out,I bought it for an outside job I had on,very little use.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I started using the Be Weather 2 and it says in Settings that it's supposed to show weather on the lockscreen and I toggled that on, but it doesn't show anything on the lockscreen. Anyone know how this feature works? Thanks!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My current weather apps that I use daily or several times a week are:

• The Weather Channel
  • A local news station's app
  • Storm
  • Be Weather
  • Yahoo Weather
  • 1Weather (NEW, just trying for the first time)

Then in a folder I have:

• Stormwathching
  • Hurricanes - which is great because it shows active hurricanes and tornadoes

I deleted AccuWeather after learning that the app: was sending location data to third party sources.

rayporsche

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Used to run several at any given time but lately I deleted them all but 'Storm' from Weather Underground. It is more streamlined than the full flesh WU one but it does offers ample information including great radar & hurricane tracking as well which proved to be a life saver during Hurricane Irma here in South Florida. Paid to removed the ads and it is just perfect...

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Used to run several at any given time but lately I deleted them all but 'Storm' from Weather Underground. It is more streamlined than the full flesh WU one but it does offers ample information including great radar & hurricane tracking as well which proved to be a life saver during Hurricane Irma here in South Florida. Paid to removed the ads and it is just perfect...

I recently started using Storm and I like it. Where is the hurricane tracking?

rayporsche

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I recently started using Storm and I like it. Where is the hurricane tracking?

Well the hurricane tracking can be seen during any given active hurricane, open the app, expand the map then go to 'layers' which is actually 'Map Settings' and from there you can select 'Tropical Tracks' & 'Tropical Model Tracks' as well, so next time you open the app and expand the radar views you'll be able to see it or if you are actually in the path of the hurricane you won't even need to expand the view of the radar.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
What's the difference between Storm and the normal WU app? I saw the Storm app when I was browsing stuff last night but didn't actually look at it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner