It's been a year since I've replied in this thread so I need to update my reply. The weather apps that I use frequently on my iPhone X are as follows:

Weather Channel (Paid version). - The redesign is welcomed and the layout was made with common sense....

BeWeather 2 - Because of its access to numerous personal weather stations, it is still the most accurate, in my opinion.

Dark Sky - The alerts and rain accuracy is still top notch and the layout is getting there.
    Is BeWeather 2 still being updated? I bailed on it last year when it seemed to be abandoned. I went to Dark Sky, and I just bailed on that after the last UI overhaul made it look really boring. I'm on Carrot now and probably going to do a premium subscription to get Weather Underground data. Carrot uses Dark Sky's weather by default and that was my other issue is that it is nowhere near as accurate here as WU is.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-28-2018 06:51 PM
    Yes, BeWeather 2 is still being updated and maintained. Weather Underground is definitely accurate, but I stopped using it a while back when I renewed a subscription (ad-free), then bought a new iPhone and that subscription didn't transfer over. I emailed them and they wouldn't fix the issue.
    09-28-2018 07:15 PM
    I’ve settled in with Dark Sky.
    Accurate.
    Has the information I need in an easy to read format.
    No fluff.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    09-28-2018 07:46 PM
    It's been a year since I've replied in this thread so I need to update my reply. The weather apps that I use frequently on my iPhone X are as follows:

Weather Channel (Paid version). - The redesign is welcomed and the layout was made with common sense....

BeWeather 2 - Because of its access to numerous personal weather stations, it is still the most accurate, in my opinion.

Dark Sky - The alerts and rain accuracy is still top notch and the layout is getting there.
    Wow, I didn’t realize it’s been a year my use has changed slightly too. I really like the new Dark Sky look and the Watch complication is working right now. I also still use Carrot for the snark and I’m still earning achievements.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-28-2018 08:14 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b8b71d2df0.jpg

WTFORECAST is fun when you need a little laugh with friends 🤭
    Love WTFORECAST. Ever put your phone in airplane mode, and open it up?
    nikkisharif and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-28-2018 08:43 PM

Wow...didn’t realize it’s been that long!! Here’s my updated breakdown.

Dark Sky - it’s extremely accurate to the street & I love the precipitation alerts.

Storm Radar - just as accurate as Dark Sky, plus I love that I can track storms for a few hours at a time.

Living Earth - I use this for my basic needs, plus the overlays are really nice.

NOAA Radar Pro - Extremely accurate and allows me to track storms as well as hurricanes. The hurricane tracker shows daily projections of the storm path, stage, & speed.

Weather Underground - I love the live videos, especially when there’s bad weather.

Windy - track wind direction and speed.

WTFORECAST - it’s hilarious!!

I have many more because I’m just a weather nerd like that I thought about Carrot but I’m not about to pay for an app/subscription that uses info from a free app. For me, accurate information is much more valuable that aesthetics when it comes to weather.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-28-2018 09:29 PM
    Wow...didn’t realize it’s been that long!! Here’s my updated breakdown.

Dark Sky - it’s extremely accurate to the street & I love the precipitation alerts.

Storm Radar - just as accurate as Dark Sky, plus I love that I can track storms for a few hours at a time.

Living Earth - I use this for my basic needs, plus the overlays are really nice.

NOAA Radar Pro - Extremely accurate and allows me to track storms as well as hurricanes. The hurricane tracker shows daily projections of the storm path, stage, & speed.

Weather Underground - I love the live videos, especially when there’s bad weather.

Windy - track wind direction and speed.

WTFORECAST - it’s hilarious!!

I have many more because I’m just a weather nerd like that I thought about Carrot but I’m not about to pay for an app/subscription that uses info from a free app. For me, accurate information is much more valuable that aesthetics when it comes to weather.
    NOAA radar pro is great. Use it all the time.
    I’m a weather nerd to do I’m going to check out a couple of your suggestions.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-29-2018 07:38 AM
    Today Weather. Amoled friendly.
    10-01-2018 11:52 AM
    It's been over 6 months since I last posted. Currently, I have 12 weather apps on my phone. Yes, this is a problem. I'm well aware! My preferred weather apps are Dark Sky, The Weather Channel (also paid), Storm Radar, and for a good laugh, WTForecast. I think Dark Sky is the best on my iPhone, but not so much on my Watch. Hopefully, that will improve. I like BeWeather but it doesn't update as it should, but I'm keeping it for now. I use Storm Radar and a local tv station's weather app when bad weather is imminent because the radar is superior to the others.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-01-2018 12:42 PM
    Last posted in this thread 13 months ago.

Still running Weather Underground as main weather app. Works flawlessly on my X and AW3.

For lighting tracking and alerts I use Storm Radar.

I've been contemplating trying out Dark Sky, but haven't pull the trigger yet. Wish there was a free version to trial before handing over $.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-01-2018 03:00 PM
    I forgot to mention besides switching from Dark Sky to Carrot, I also have the Weather Underground app. I did have the Storm app but it was discontinued or something like that according to the app so I switched to their main WU app.
    10-01-2018 03:59 PM
    NOAA radar pro is great. Use it all the time.
    I’m a weather nerd to do I’m going to check out a couple of your suggestions.
    Let me know what you try and how you like it. I’m always curious to hear reviews from others.

Today Weather. Amoled friendly.
    I haven’t heard of this one, I’ll have to check it out.

Last posted in this thread 13 months ago.

Still running Weather Underground as main weather app. Works flawlessly on my X and AW3.

For lighting tracking and alerts I use Storm Radar.

I've been contemplating trying out Dark Sky, but haven't pull the trigger yet. Wish there was a free version to trial before handing over $.
    That’s how I feel about weather apps. I received my paid weather apps back when Starbucks use to give away free codes. Even though it was free for me, I would pay the one time fee of $3.99 for Dark Sky.

I forgot to mention besides switching from Dark Sky to Carrot, I also have the Weather Underground app. I did have the Storm app but it was discontinued or something like that according to the app so I switched to their main WU app.
    Storm Radar is the new version of Storm.
    10-01-2018 06:18 PM
    Weather underground first choice ! Then the Met office (UK), I used to like Dark Sky for the radar sequences, but it was always bad at rainfall start and finish over here.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-02-2018 09:10 AM
    BeWeather Pro was my go to weather app forever. I just deleted it. I’m tired of it not updating. I’m using Dark Sky now. I like maps and the rainfall/storm predictions are right on.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-04-2018 12:09 AM
    CARROT⁵ in full on snark. weather that makes me laugh. Love it
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-04-2018 03:17 AM
90 ... 234