How do you weather?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Since there is no catchall forum for all apps, I’m putting this here. I’m curious how everyone gets their weather information. I’ve seen some chat of it lately and it seems there is more than me that uses multiple apps. I use Carrot weather for the Apple Watch complication, it’s one of the few whose complication works properly right now (that I’ve tried anyway). I use Dark Sky for my precipitation accuracy, and just for checking weather with a nice UI I use Fresh Air. So how do you get your weather information?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve always used the stock Weather app by Apple. As of recent, I’m debating whether to use BeWeather 2 or Carrot on my iOS devices and my Apple Watch.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use CARROT exclusively. I love the built-in humor but it’s also a phenomenal weather app. You’re right about the precipitation prediction from Dark Sky. It’s amazingly accurate.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh...Let me count the ways I use a ton of different apps but my faves are Living Earth, Dark Sky, NOAA Radar Pro, My Radar, & Windy. Oh & What The Forecast for the laughs

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the following weather apps consistently.

BeWeather 2
Storm
Dark Sky
MyRadar Pro

BeWeather 2 is my do it all weather app and is always the most accurate in ‘my’ experience.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Since there is no catchall forum for all apps, I’m putting this here. I’m curious how everyone gets their weather information. I’ve seen some chat of it lately and it seems there is more than me that uses multiple apps. I use Carrot weather for the Apple Watch complication, it’s one of the few whose complication works properly right now (that I’ve tried anyway). I use Dark Sky for my precipitation accuracy, and just for checking weather with a nice UI I use Fresh Air. So how do you get your weather information?
I use CARROT exclusively. I love the built-in humor but it’s also a phenomenal weather app. You’re right about the precipitation prediction from Dark Sky. It’s amazingly accurate.

I've considered getting curve. Is it worth the $3.99?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Carrot doesn’t require premium unless you want more control of the watch complication, widgets, and access to the radar. And what I subscribed to is only $3.49/yr.

Yes but you must pay $3.99 to download the app hence my asking if it is worth the $3.99. Who do they get their weather information from?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I get the most accurate weather overall from my local WAFF Weather app. I also enjoy MyRadar for the great radar map. BeWeather 2 for the customizing fun and personal weather stations. Carrot for the humor. Also Storm, weather underground, InstaWeather, Today Weather, MeteoEarth, and more! They all do something I like. If I could just get 'em all in one app!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL...to many. My favorite/go to weather app is BeWeather2, but I use/have many of the other weather apps posted on this thread.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes sir, but I might give it a shot. Thanks, Weather Underground is great and I found them to be amongst the most accurate. I'll check Dark Sky too.

Carrot gets theirs from Dark Sky. There's no way I would pay $3.49 a year for subscription. I have other great weather apps that give me just as much for free.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Carrot gets theirs from Dark Sky. There's no way I would pay $3.49 a year for subscription. I have other great weather apps that give me just as much for free.

I use Weather Underground and WeatherBug Elite but I'm considering Carrot as well but it's $3.99 for the app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Weather Underground and WeatherBug Elite but I'm considering Carrot as well but it's $3.99 for the app.

It can be funny at times with the snarky remarks, but I'm not gonna pay beyond original cost for an additional subscription, which includes many features. You don't even get a Weather map unless you subscribe. You don't really get much for $3.99.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It can be funny at times with the snarky remarks, but I'm not gonna pay beyond original cost for an additional subscription, which includes many features. You don't even get a Weather map unless you subscribe. You don't really get much for $3.99.

The last sentence did it for me, thanks! What's your favorite weather app?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox