This thread is perfect timing. I've been using BeWeather 2 since I came to iOS two years ago because it was most similar to the Android app I used "Beautiful Widgets" that allowed customization of the weather icons and used Weather Underground which I've used since the early 2000's in the website version for accurate local weather. With the extreme lack of updates though I've been thinking of going to something else. Either the Weather Underground app directly or maybe something like Dark Sky, but I don't know what that uses for weather. What do you guys think? I really don't need 20 billion weather apps so I'm just looking to run one.
    You already have one - BeWeather 2....
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-25-2017 05:59 PM
    Dark Sky. Best weather app I’ve ever used.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-25-2017 06:28 PM
    Dark Sky. Best weather app I’ve ever used.
    Sadly it’s not available in Asia or Australia.
    09-25-2017 06:41 PM
    Sadly it’s not available in Asia or Australia.
    Bummer. Hopefully soon.
    09-25-2017 06:42 PM
    Just downloaded Carrot, and it’s VERY GOOD.
    I love the UI on both my iPhone and Watch.
    09-26-2017 04:21 AM
    I use BeWeather on my phone, and the default weather on my watch.
    Spencerdl and DEman19901 like this.
    09-26-2017 04:40 AM
    Lately I've been using this free app called "looking out the window". Amazingly accurate, plus whenever I use "look out the window" no matter where my location is I get detailed 3D images of where I'm at. (How cool is that?!) I also love the realtime weather effects like on clear days there's hardly any clouds with nice warm yellow sunshine effect, when it's raining I see raindrops hitting the ground, or if the wind is blowing I see wind moving the surrounding trees. With something like this available, I've basically stopped looking for anything else ...
    09-26-2017 08:15 AM
    I use CARROT exclusively. I love the built-in humor but it’s also a phenomenal weather app. You’re right about the precipitation prediction from Dark Sky. It’s amazingly accurate.
    Dark Sky in London is pretty bad at precipitation forecasts, often an hour or more out,I bought it for an outside job I had on,very little use.
    09-26-2017 12:23 PM
    I started using the Be Weather 2 and it says in Settings that it's supposed to show weather on the lockscreen and I toggled that on, but it doesn't show anything on the lockscreen. Anyone know how this feature works? Thanks!
    09-26-2017 01:25 PM
    My current weather apps that I use daily or several times a week are:

• The Weather Channel
    • A local news station's app
    • Storm
    • Be Weather
    • Yahoo Weather
    • 1Weather (NEW, just trying for the first time)

Then in a folder I have:

• Stormwathching
    • Hurricanes - which is great because it shows active hurricanes and tornadoes

I deleted AccuWeather after learning that the app: was sending location data to third party sources.
    09-26-2017 01:39 PM
    Used to run several at any given time but lately I deleted them all but 'Storm' from Weather Underground. It is more streamlined than the full flesh WU one but it does offers ample information including great radar & hurricane tracking as well which proved to be a life saver during Hurricane Irma here in South Florida. Paid to removed the ads and it is just perfect...
    09-26-2017 03:21 PM
    Used to run several at any given time but lately I deleted them all but 'Storm' from Weather Underground. It is more streamlined than the full flesh WU one but it does offers ample information including great radar & hurricane tracking as well which proved to be a life saver during Hurricane Irma here in South Florida. Paid to removed the ads and it is just perfect...
    I recently started using Storm and I like it. Where is the hurricane tracking?
    09-26-2017 03:33 PM
    I recently started using Storm and I like it. Where is the hurricane tracking?
    Well the hurricane tracking can be seen during any given active hurricane, open the app, expand the map then go to 'layers' which is actually 'Map Settings' and from there you can select 'Tropical Tracks' & 'Tropical Model Tracks' as well, so next time you open the app and expand the radar views you'll be able to see it or if you are actually in the path of the hurricane you won't even need to expand the view of the radar.
    09-26-2017 03:41 PM
    This is how it looked as Hurricane Irma was approaching our location...
    How do you weather?-img_1253.jpg
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-26-2017 03:53 PM
    What's the difference between Storm and the normal WU app? I saw the Storm app when I was browsing stuff last night but didn't actually look at it.
    09-26-2017 03:54 PM
    Well the hurricane tracking can be seen during any given active hurricane, open the app, expand the map then go to 'layers' which is actually 'Map Settings' and from there you can select 'Tropical Tracks' & 'Tropical Model Tracks' as well, so next time you open the app and expand the radar views you'll be able to see it or if you are actually in the path of the hurricane you won't even need to expand the view of the radar.
    Thanks! I can't believe I missed that.
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-26-2017 03:57 PM
    Storm is not as cumbersome as the Weather Underground main app, don't get me wrong I used both and paid for the ads free on both but I was really looking for a radar that included wind direction, storm tracks & fronts in a fast and easily accessible manner and what do know WU offered all of that with Storm, after a while I ended up using Storm and deleted the main WU app.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-26-2017 03:59 PM
    What's the difference between Storm and the normal WU app? I saw the Storm app when I was browsing stuff last night but didn't actually look at it.
    I think it's just the interface, but I'm not certain.
    09-26-2017 04:05 PM
    MyRadar Pro
    09-26-2017 04:42 PM
    Wrong post
    09-27-2017 11:36 AM
    Storm offers defined storm cell tracking and the regular WU app doesn’t.
    rayporsche and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-27-2017 11:38 AM
    I’ve been using Carrot for two days now. So far so good. It’s accurate, funny, and the complication on the Watch is close to perfect!
    09-27-2017 05:24 PM
    I use the stock app on my phone.
    There are some weird guys I’m talking to that are too much into weather apps and because of their bugging I’ve installed WTForecast for whenever I want to share the weather with them.
    09-27-2017 05:28 PM
    So I was all set to try out Carrot after reading that it uses Dark Sky (the other paid app I was debating with it) and then I read the comment that Carrot doesn't give you a map unless you pay extra? If that's correct guess I'm going to give Dark Sky a shot. I'm only going to buy one or the other and play with it alongside WU and Storm for a bit to figure out which one to go with day to day. I did figure out WU is currently buggy on my iPad (5th Gen with 11.0.1). If I open it, then go to say the notifications then back the app refreshes itself and the toolbar stuff at the top disappears. The space is still there but no icons.
    09-28-2017 02:55 AM
    So I was all set to try out Carrot after reading that it uses Dark Sky (the other paid app I was debating with it) and then I read the comment that Carrot doesn't give you a map unless you pay extra? If that's correct guess I'm going to give Dark Sky a shot. I'm only going to buy one or the other and play with it alongside WU and Storm for a bit to figure out which one to go with day to day. I did figure out WU is currently buggy on my iPad (5th Gen with 11.0.1). If I open it, then go to say the notifications then back the app refreshes itself and the toolbar stuff at the top disappears. The space is still there but no icons.
    The only reason I’m using Carrot and paid for the subscription is simply for the Watch complication.
    09-28-2017 02:57 AM
74 123