With a lot of old classic console games on the App Store and better MFi controllers out there, I thought this would be a fun discussion. What’s missing from the mobile console gaming world? What do you think can be improved or needs to be implemented for a mobile device to be considered a true console?

For me, all controllers need to have four standard buttons (A/B/X/Y), two joysticks, a d-pad, four shoulder buttons, and what’s missing really is L3 and R3 (the buttons under the joysticks). Definitely more so for iOS we need microSD expansion to save games and save files to. Display isn’t too big of an issue if you buy an HDMI adapter. It goes without saying, we need the game ports. That’s what I think the biggest setbacks are, the missing pieces, what do you think?
    07-31-2017 10:40 AM
    I was pushing 40 before I ever saw the Nintendo console with the Mario Brothers in 1989 or so. I never really got into the gaming. We had it, but I didn't dare take the controller out of the kids hands. I've attempted to play a few games on iPhone, but not good at it. The controllers are what frustrates me. So maybe better ones, like you say.
    07-31-2017 02:37 PM
    I have the MFI controllers for my Apple TV but haven’t tried them with my phone or iPad. May need to try.

Would like to see some classics like Tecmo Bowl or Run and Gun.
    07-31-2017 04:36 PM