Tapatalk Pro

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A change made in iOS 10.x caused an issue with attached images due to them coming across the wrong protocol. I’m assuming Apple chose to stop supporting said protocol. This required a change from MoNa which is why everything online is fine. Now Tapatalk has to implement said change to fix it in the forum apps.

Oh okay. I understand, and thank you...

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
So it seems the problem may have indeed been with iOS 10, and is fixed in iOS 11. By the way, after replying, your attached image shows in the thread.

I’m on iOS 11 with TT Pro, and I'm still seeing broken images. Perhaps not as many as before, or at least it seems that way hehe.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Still a no go with beta 2. For a certain post where I see broken images, I tried viewing in web view. In Safari for that same post I can see the images just fine. They're just broken in TT Pro.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Still a no go with beta 2. For a certain post where I see broken images, I tried viewing in web view. In Safari for that same post I can see the images just fine. They're just broken in TT Pro.

It’s something Tapatalk has to fix. I believe what it is that attached images open up with an HTTPS link rather than an HTTP link, and Apple seems to have essentially stopped supporting HTTP. MoNa fixed it on their end, all images show up online. So the iMore Forums App and Tapatalk is on Tapatalk to fix.

Tapatalk

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
It’s something Tapatalk has to fix. I believe what it is that attached images open up with an HTTPS link rather than an HTTP link, and Apple seems to have essentially stopped supporting HTTP. MoNa fixed it on their end, all images show up online. So the iMore Forums App and Tapatalk is on Tapatalk to fix.

It is the HTTP redirection bug Apple introduced - if you copy the same link to Chrome on iOS it also wouldn't show - it works in Safari because it is not using the public API - MoNo can resolve this on their end by using a more "forgiving" URL redirection otherwise all apps including the Chrome app will not be able to view these images until everyone upgraded to iOS11

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It is the HTTP redirection bug Apple introduced - if you copy the same link to Chrome on iOS it also wouldn't show - it works in Safari because it is not using the public API - MoNo can resolve this on their end by using a more "forgiving" URL redirection otherwise all apps including the Chrome app will not be able to view these images until everyone upgraded to iOS11

Good to know, thanks for letting us know what the actual issue is. It’s just a big mess right now.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Does the pro version have a split view for iPad when in landscape? I.e. forum post listing on one side, the post content in a second column? I'm just running the free version because when I log in I get extra features due to having paid for the original paid version when I was on Android (so no ads etc.). I downloaded an app the other day for a new forum I joined which seems to be a customized version of Tapatalk that only shows their forum and I noticed when I went to landscape it had this new behavior. I spent a good bit of time flipping through all the options in Tapatalk and lots of Google searching and couldn't seem to find any info on this though as to whether the actual Tapatalk app supports this. I'm willing to grab the Pro version if it has this feature, but due to my grandfathered in account I'm not going to just run out and buy the Pro app if it's not going to get me that feature.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There's only one beta version. The results of that apply to the free and pro. It's ok, except some images posted appear broken. May not on iOS 11 though.

I just realized there is no font size setting in the app. I turned on the larger text in the iPhone settings. Never used that before.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just realized there is no font size setting in the app. I turned on the larger text in the iPhone settings. Never used that before.

Go to Me on the tabs on the bottom, then Settings in the upper right hand corner, Font Size is in the second section of Settings.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to Me on the tabs on the bottom, then Settings in the upper right hand corner, Font Size is in the second section of Settings.

The font size setting option has been removed in the latest beta.
329cdeacfb388e0e92b2760983aa6c64.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope so but I think It's gone. Just read an earlier post in this thread that font size will be removed.

It is gone. It's the same font size for the device now. You can change it in the phone's settings. But that's tricky. If you make it bigger for TapaTalk, it gets bigger everywhere.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It is gone. It's the same font size for the device now. You can change it in the phone's settings. But that's tricky. If you make it bigger for TapaTalk, it gets bigger everywhere.

I'm off the Tapatalk Pro beta and back on the official. I tried adjusting the font size in the phone settings, but didn't like it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm off the Tapatalk Pro beta and back on the official. I tried adjusting the font size in the phone settings, but didn't like it.

Yeah. You just have to find a happy place with the text size. I'm not gonna sacrifice a comfortable size on iMessage and mail to make TapaTalk comfy. Some areas on TapaTalk are a bit too big for my taste. I'll just deal with it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR