Tapatalk Pro

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just posted a screenshot in the “What Are You Listening To” thread moments ago via Tapatalk Pro and it is displaying properly within the app on my iPhone. Hopefully, it’ll work for everyone soon...

Thanks for the update in this thread D! I had pinged TT directly some time ago with a short list of fixes - hopefully most of them have been addressed :)

After seeing this I downloaded Tapatalk Pro and there are still some images not showing up. It’s getting better though, it’s a lot more sporadic.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After seeing this I downloaded Tapatalk Pro and there are still some images not showing up. It’s getting better though, it’s a lot more sporadic.

I'm still on TapaTalk beta. I've been testing the broken images issue. When I post an image on the iMore forums app using attachments, they show broken in that app, but not in TapaTalk. When I post images in TapaTalk using attachments, they show broken in both apps. Images posted on other non MobileNations forums work fine in TapaTalk using attachments. I always use the picture icon, rather than the paper clip. I don't have a way to test images posted from a computer. But it seems some of those show broken. To me, this seems to be more an iMore issue, than one with TapaTalk. I frequent 5 forums in TapaTalk. iMore is the only forum where I see this image issue. "Likes" still do not show on iMore in TapaTalk or the iMore forums app, but do in other forums. I don't know if it's all a plug in issue or what. But iMore and TapaTalk need to get together and fix these issues.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on TapaTalk beta. I've been testing the broken images issue. When I post an image on the iMore forums app using attachments, they show broken in that app, but not in TapaTalk. When I post images in TapaTalk using attachments, they show broken in both apps. Images posted on other non MobileNations forums work fine in TapaTalk using attachments. I always use the picture icon, rather than the paper clip. I don't have a way to test images posted from a computer. But it seems some of those show broken. To me, this seems to be more an iMore issue, than one with TapaTalk. I frequent 5 forums in TapaTalk. iMore is the only forum where I see this image issue. "Likes" still do not show on iMore in TapaTalk or the iMore forums app, but do in other forums. I don't know if it's all a plug in issue or what. But iMore and TapaTalk need to get together and fix these issues.

I do believe they are working on it. Tapatalk seems pretty slow to fix issues. I used to be on the betas a while ago and told them about numerous issues all the time and watched them roll out buggy releases time and again. From what I saw then, it took them months to a year to fix some issues.

Edit: also, this is an iOS issue, something to do with https and http as of iOS 10.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

There are forums other than iMore that are affected. I still have issues in non Mobile Nations forums, so I don't think it's them.

I do believe they are working on it. Tapatalk seems pretty slow to fix issues. I used to be on the betas a while ago and told them about numerous issues all the time and watched them roll out buggy releases time and again. From what I saw then, it took them months to a year to fix some issues.

Edit: also, this is an iOS issue, something to do with https and http as of iOS 10.

I also believe it's an iOS issue. It didn't start happening until one of the iOS 10 versions.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

TapaTalk works pretty hard on issues. Currently it's an issue where when you tap on a thread, it takes you too far back. So if you have it set on "latest post", it takes you back 5 or 7 posts. Sometimes more. They finally fixed the YouTube video issues. They worked hard on that one. My beef with TapaTalk is they keep adding new stuff no one likes. When they do, things go bonkers. I wish they would settle in on a decent build, fix the bugs, and leave it alone. 2½ years of constant beta testing is ridiculous.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
....Test...

IMG_0074.JPG

This photo was “attached” to this post via the Tapatalk Pro app from my iPhone running iOS 11 Dev Beta 1.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
....Test...

View attachment 118707

This photo was “attached” to this post via the Tapatalk Pro app from my iPhone running iOS 11 Dev Beta 1.

From the beta using attachments.
IMG_7500.JPG

3c4d1ac621dc19cb5071164a4f7d45c9.png

I'm on 10.1.1. But others up to date still see the broken images as well.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Could be. Do all the images in the Numbers Numbers game thread show for you?

After viewing the last two pages in the thread you mentioned, I’d say 75% of the images were viewable via the Tapatalk Pro app on my iPhone.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So it seems the problem may have indeed been with iOS 10, and is fixed in iOS 11. By the way, after replying, your attached image shows in the thread.

I'm on iOS 10 with my 7 plus & I can see your pic, D, but not Keith's.

95370d19598133ee458c459f617b3ca6.png
7568af0790768b9d8944a8c71701fd4d.png

Edit: BTW...I'm using the updated Tapatalk Pro

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
So it seems the problem may have indeed been with iOS 10, and is fixed in iOS 11. By the way, after replying, your attached image shows in the thread.

I'm on iOS 9.0.2 and having all the same issue as everyone else is... Broken images and still can't use the "like" feature for months now. Bummer!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Tapatalk Pro has been updated today to version 6.5.2. The notes indicate “bug fixes”, but maybe it has finally fixed the image problem. I suppose we’ll know soon enough...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk Pro has been updated today to version 6.5.2. The notes indicate “bug fixes”, but maybe it has finally fixed the image problem. I suppose we’ll know soon enough...

It’ll be a while. As much as some people disagree with me on it, Tapatalk is slow to fix issues.

a24bbbf30475cdcf4a9790653638ce40.png

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
As already have been stated, it’s probably more of an iOS problem than a Tapatalk problem, especially if the problem appears to be resolved in iOS 11.

A change made in iOS 10.x caused an issue with attached images due to them coming across the wrong protocol. I’m assuming Apple chose to stop supporting said protocol. This required a change from MoNa which is why everything online is fine. Now Tapatalk has to implement said change to fix it in the forum apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro