....Test...

Tapatalk Pro-img_0074.jpg

This photo was “attached” to this post via the Tapatalk Pro app from my iPhone running iOS 11 Dev Beta 1.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-18-2017 06:58 AM
    ....Test...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0074.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	118707

This photo was “attached” to this post via the Tapatalk Pro app from my iPhone running iOS 11 Dev Beta 1.
    From the beta using attachments.
    Tapatalk Pro-img_7500.jpg

I'm on 10.1.1. But others up to date still see the broken images as well.
    06-18-2017 07:00 AM
    So it seems the problem may have indeed been with iOS 10, and is fixed in iOS 11. By the way, after replying, your attached image shows in the thread.
    06-18-2017 07:02 AM
    So it seems the problem may have indeed been with iOS 10, and is fixed in iOS 11. By the way, after replying, your attached image shows in the thread.
    Could be. Do all the images in the Numbers Numbers game thread show for you?
    06-18-2017 07:06 AM
    Could be. Do all the images in the Numbers Numbers game thread show for you?
    After viewing the last two pages in the thread you mentioned, I’d say 75% of the images were viewable via the Tapatalk Pro app on my iPhone.
    06-18-2017 07:12 AM
    After viewing the last two pages in the thread you mentioned, I’d say 75% of the images were viewable via the Tapatalk Pro app on my iPhone.
    Odd. Thanks.
    06-18-2017 07:13 AM
    Odd. Thanks.
    You’re very welcome. Happy Father’s Day, by the way...
    06-18-2017 07:14 AM
    I'm on iOS 10 with my 7 plus & I can see your pic, D, but not Keith's.

Edit: BTW...I'm using the updated Tapatalk Pro
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-18-2017 07:08 PM
    I'm on iOS 10 with my 7 plus & I can see your pic, D, but not Keith's.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9f617b3ca6.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c71701fd4d.png

Edit: BTW...I'm using the updated Tapatalk Pro
    Okay. Great, and thank you, Nikki...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-18-2017 07:35 PM
    Okay. Great, and thank you, Nikki...
    You're welcome
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-18-2017 07:44 PM
    I'm on iOS 9.0.2 and having all the same issue as everyone else is... Broken images and still can't use the "like" feature for months now. Bummer!
    06-18-2017 11:19 PM
    Tapatalk Pro has been updated today to version 6.5.2. The notes indicate “bug fixes”, but maybe it has finally fixed the image problem. I suppose we’ll know soon enough...
    06-19-2017 02:39 PM
    Tapatalk Pro has been updated today to version 6.5.2. The notes indicate “bug fixes”, but maybe it has finally fixed the image problem. I suppose we’ll know soon enough...
    It’ll be a while. As much as some people disagree with me on it, Tapatalk is slow to fix issues.

ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-19-2017 02:47 PM
    It’ll be a while. As much as some people disagree with me on it, Tapatalk is slow to fix issues.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...653638ce40.png
    As already have been stated, it’s probably more of an iOS problem than a Tapatalk problem, especially if the problem appears to be resolved in iOS 11.
    06-19-2017 03:43 PM
    As already have been stated, it’s probably more of an iOS problem than a Tapatalk problem, especially if the problem appears to be resolved in iOS 11.
    A change made in iOS 10.x caused an issue with attached images due to them coming across the wrong protocol. I’m assuming Apple chose to stop supporting said protocol. This required a change from MoNa which is why everything online is fine. Now Tapatalk has to implement said change to fix it in the forum apps.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-19-2017 03:46 PM
    A change made in iOS 10.x caused an issue with attached images due to them coming across the wrong protocol. I’m assuming Apple chose to stop supporting said protocol. This required a change from MoNa which is why everything online is fine. Now Tapatalk has to implement said change to fix it in the forum apps.
    Oh okay. I understand, and thank you...
    06-19-2017 03:48 PM
    I’m on iOS 11 with TT Pro, and I'm still seeing broken images. Perhaps not as many as before, or at least it seems that way hehe.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-20-2017 12:42 PM
    I’m on iOS 11 with TT Pro, and I'm still seeing broken images. Perhaps not as many as before, or at least it seems that way hehe.
    Go update, the beta 2 just came out!
    Sherry_B likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:12 PM
    Go update, the beta 2 just came out!
    Thank you, updating now!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-21-2017 04:36 PM
    Still a no go with beta 2. For a certain post where I see broken images, I tried viewing in web view. In Safari for that same post I can see the images just fine. They're just broken in TT Pro.
    06-21-2017 05:07 PM
    Still a no go with beta 2. For a certain post where I see broken images, I tried viewing in web view. In Safari for that same post I can see the images just fine. They're just broken in TT Pro.
    It’s something Tapatalk has to fix. I believe what it is that attached images open up with an HTTPS link rather than an HTTP link, and Apple seems to have essentially stopped supporting HTTP. MoNa fixed it on their end, all images show up online. So the iMore Forums App and Tapatalk is on Tapatalk to fix.
    06-21-2017 05:10 PM
    It’s something Tapatalk has to fix. I believe what it is that attached images open up with an HTTPS link rather than an HTTP link, and Apple seems to have essentially stopped supporting HTTP. MoNa fixed it on their end, all images show up online. So the iMore Forums App and Tapatalk is on Tapatalk to fix.
    It is the HTTP redirection bug Apple introduced - if you copy the same link to Chrome on iOS it also wouldn't show - it works in Safari because it is not using the public API - MoNo can resolve this on their end by using a more "forgiving" URL redirection otherwise all apps including the Chrome app will not be able to view these images until everyone upgraded to iOS11
    06-21-2017 05:13 PM
    It is the HTTP redirection bug Apple introduced - if you copy the same link to Chrome on iOS it also wouldn't show - it works in Safari because it is not using the public API - MoNo can resolve this on their end by using a more "forgiving" URL redirection otherwise all apps including the Chrome app will not be able to view these images until everyone upgraded to iOS11
    Good to know, thanks for letting us know what the actual issue is. It’s just a big mess right now.
    06-21-2017 05:15 PM
    all apps including the Chrome app will not be able to view these images until everyone upgraded to iOS11
    Is this a fix that will be coming later in iOS 11? I'm using the beta and images are still broken.
    06-21-2017 05:21 PM
    Does the pro version have a split view for iPad when in landscape? I.e. forum post listing on one side, the post content in a second column? I'm just running the free version because when I log in I get extra features due to having paid for the original paid version when I was on Android (so no ads etc.). I downloaded an app the other day for a new forum I joined which seems to be a customized version of Tapatalk that only shows their forum and I noticed when I went to landscape it had this new behavior. I spent a good bit of time flipping through all the options in Tapatalk and lots of Google searching and couldn't seem to find any info on this though as to whether the actual Tapatalk app supports this. I'm willing to grab the Pro version if it has this feature, but due to my grandfathered in account I'm not going to just run out and buy the Pro app if it's not going to get me that feature.
    06-30-2017 04:01 PM
63 123