Folks,

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so I choose iPhone apps, because I listen to my audio books on my iPhone via the Overdrive and Hoopla apps. Anyways does anyone else enjoy audio books as much as I do? My local library, The Free Library of Philadelphia allows you to borrow media via these two apps. 10 borrows per month via Hoopla, and then various guidelines for Overdrive, BUT more than generous for my needs. Of course besides just audio books, you can borrow "ebook" movies and music, BUT I mostly stick to audio books. I listen to my books while commuting and then when I'm out and about. Also sometimes I will bluetooth to my car and listen when I am on long (or short) drives.

I find it so enjoyable to listen to a good book. A story really comes to life especially when read by a dynamic speaker. I've heard several by Will Patton (an actor) and he is brilliant! Anyone else get a kick out of audio books?
    05-03-2017 08:25 AM
    I wish I could enjoy audio books. However just like podcasts, I can't do audio only or I find myself constantly rewinding to catch what I missed when my mind drifts. Video podcasts keep my attention visually and with books, my mind keeps my attention visually as well.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-03-2017 03:59 PM
    I wish I could enjoy audio books. However just like podcasts, I can't do audio only or I find myself constantly rewinding to catch what I missed when my mind drifts. Video podcasts keep my attention visually and with books, my mind keeps my attention visually as well.
    Yea I can relate, sometimes I need to repeat, but not often. I usually only listen at certain times when I don't have other distractions, like my bus commute to work, or if I have to go deliver something during my day (or pick something up) Or when I make my mid morning iced coffee run. lol
    05-04-2017 08:20 AM
    I use Audible, OverDrive and Hoopla for audiobooks. I also listen to podcasts quite a bit. I don't get much time to just sit and read so the audio books give me a great alternative.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-04-2017 08:40 AM