Every update to Tapatalk in the last year has made the app more and more annoying. It started when Feed was introduced. If I ever accidentally click on Feed I have to deal with Feed notifications for weeks before they stop coming again. There is no way to remove the tab, which is another annoyance. Since the last update I'm constantly getting blog updates and notifications for them even though I have the blogs set to no notifications whatsoever. I really miss the old Tapatalk. I want forums, and forums only, with only forum notifications. I have sent them an email with this grievance. I hope they fix it soon. Is anyone else annoyed by the current official version of Tapatalk?
    Just_Me_D and dictoresno like this.
    01-09-2017 02:02 PM
    They screwed up the latest update badly IMO.

They made it so sticky threads are now all visible at the top of the forum, completely cluttering the forum. They thought they were being smart in giving the user an option to hide them. The problem is, they didn't give the user a way to UN-hide them. So if you hide a sticky, the only way to see it again is if the thread is updated. BAD concept.

They need to add an option to group the stickies in their own group, like it was prior. This new setup is idiotic.

I've let them know of about the issue several times but have gotten not response. I don't think they care.
    pr1nce likes this.
    01-09-2017 03:27 PM
    They screwed up the latest update badly IMO.

They made it so sticky threads are now all visible at the top of the forum, completely cluttering the forum. They thought they were being smart in giving the user an option to hide them. The problem is, they didn't give the user a way to UN-hide them. So if you hide a sticky, the only way to see it again is if the thread is updated. BAD concept.

They need to add an option to group the stickies in their own group, like it was prior. This new setup is idiotic.

I've let them know of about the issue several times but have gotten not response. I don't think they care.
    The stickies don't bother me as much, I was just in the settings though looking around. I noticed the blog posts have their own separate settings. I have disabled them, I hope they stay disabled since muting doesn't stick.
    01-09-2017 03:33 PM
    Great, so even though there notification settings for blog posts it's just as effective turning them off as it is muting them. They turn themselves back on.
    01-09-2017 07:52 PM
    I'm using Tapatalk Pro and I don't really have an issue with the app. I do not like the fact if you had a sticky you're unable to "unhide" it though.
    01-09-2017 08:47 PM
    OH MY GOD THANK YOU. I'm so pissed. Tapatalk is honestly the worst. Been using their beta forever and the app got nice, but they keep screwing it up. Decided to pay for the pro version and it's nothing but trouble and they offer zero support.

Yes, my blog notifications push friggin non stop and I have them disabled in "site specific settings" but the regular push notifications setting keeps resetting back to "enabled". I've emailed Tapatalk 3 times and no one ever responds. It's pathetic.

01-09-2017 09:41 PM
    OH MY GOD THANK YOU. I'm so pissed. Tapatalk is honestly the worst. Been using their beta forever and the app got nice, but they keep screwing it up. Decided to pay for the pro version and it's nothing but trouble and they offer zero support.

Yes, my blog notifications push friggin non stop and I have them disabled in "site specific settings" but the regular push notifications setting keeps resetting back to "enabled". I've emailed Tapatalk 3 times and no one ever responds. It's pathetic.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...c817396df9.jpg
    That's weird, I've always gotten replies from the Tapatalk team when I emailed them. Maybe they've gotten in over their heads trying to implement these new "features." One of my biggest issues with them is how they'll release an official update full of bugs. I noticed that when I was still part of the beta testing.
    01-10-2017 12:37 AM
    Have to admit, their blog notifications don't seem to stop despite settings. And it is rather irritating.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-10-2017 08:07 AM
    Just muted my Tapatalk, too. Miss the earlier versions of the app, they were much, much better!
    01-10-2017 08:26 AM
    Now that there's no annoying popup message trying to get me to install Tapatalk, I just use the built-in browser on my phone or tablet.

Every time I use Tapatalk I think to myself, "It got an update so it should be better now" but ultimately end up getting disappointed.
    01-11-2017 10:46 AM
    Every update to Tapatalk in the last year has made the app more and more annoying. It started when Feed was introduced. If I ever accidentally click on Feed I have to deal with Feed notifications for weeks before they stop coming again. There is no way to remove the tab, which is another annoyance. Since the last update I'm constantly getting blog updates and notifications for them even though I have the blogs set to no notifications whatsoever. I really miss the old Tapatalk. I want forums, and forums only, with only forum notifications. I have sent them an email with this grievance. I hope they fix it soon. Is anyone else annoyed by the current official version of Tapatalk?
    You are not alone in being annoyed by what you've mentioned with regard to the Tapatalk app. ...
    01-11-2017 03:29 PM
    I'm on the TapaTalk beta, and I've been having issues with photo sharing. I've complained on their forum.
    01-11-2017 04:34 PM
    I'm on the TapaTalk beta, and I've been having issues with photo sharing. I've complained on their forum.
    Awesome, so the next official release is going to have photo sharing bugs.
    dictoresno likes this.
    01-11-2017 06:50 PM
    Awesome, so the next official release is going to have photo sharing bugs.
    Maybe. A fix is purportedly on the way.
    01-11-2017 10:07 PM
    Well, 3D Touch is essentially broken on the new Tapatalk official update. I 3D Touch to open iMore and get taken some German blog....
    01-24-2017 01:55 AM
    Well, 3D Touch is essentially broken on the new Tapatalk official update. I 3D Touch to open iMore and get taken some German blog....
    Lol happens to me too on other forums too. It's so funny that these people at Tapatalk can't get anything right! Every release has something else messed up. Oh and the stupid blogs keep pushing even though I have them turned off.
    01-24-2017 03:05 AM
    Same problem here. Have been going through the settings to turn off the blog notifications but couldn't find anything. Hope they come out with a fix soon
    01-24-2017 04:09 AM
    Tapatalk has turned out to be so crappy. I can't believe I paid $15 just to get rid of their larger and larger ads. Pathetic.
    01-24-2017 04:12 AM
    Tapatalk has turned out to be so crappy. I can't believe I paid $15 just to get rid of their larger and larger ads. Pathetic.
    Tapatalk was great until this year. They do have a bad habit of releasing bug riddled updates though.
    01-24-2017 11:06 AM