Game Vice for iPhone 6/6S/7

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's to the gamers.

There's no doubt that the mobile gaming market has become extremely lucrative for developers and also quite enticing for customers due to the vast number of really great games on the App Store. Some of these games even try to give us a console-style experience on our iPhones. With games like Assassin's Creed and Modern Combat, mobile gaming has definitely risen to some serious heights. But who the heck thought playing COD (Call of Duty for the uninitiated among us) could work well by tapping on a freaking 4" screen???? I don't know, apparently the guys who developed the game. That alone was that main reason that kept me from spending money on some truly great games to assist in my never ending procrastination. Apparently, the folks at Game Vice had the same idea. Now, my life has changed forever, and I can procrastinate with the best of them. #Lifegoals!

From Game Boy to Game…Man?

There's no doubt about it, Game Vice truly takes mobile gaming to the next level...sorry. It was too easy! When I use it, I literally feel like I have an Xbox or Playstation in the palm of my hand instead of my iPhone. Ok maybe not quite an Xbox, but maybe more like a Game Boy, all grown up! Ah, memories. You were too beautiful for this world Game Boy! My inner 10 year old just cried a little.

Anyhoo, the design is quite simple really. You insert the phone via the lightning port to the right side of the controller (no Bluetooth! Yay!) then slide the other end over the top of your phone and presto, you're ready for even the most advanced of games out there.

Both sides are symmetrical with a slight ridge on the back making it quite comfortable to hold and when I say a console style experience, I mean exactly that! There are two joysticks, a D-pad, X, Y, A, and B buttons, and to top it all off, there are even freaking triggers and bumpers on the top!! There's even a pause button??? OMG?!?!?! Who needs an Xbox anymore?? Well let's not get carried away. There is a headphone jack on the bottom as well so you don't have to disturb everyone around you while you're playing. I mean you can, if you want to, but you don't have to. It also charges via microUSB and includes a cable so you should be able to charge it almost anywhere.

Oh and yes, it's adjustable so you can fit both a 6 or 6 Plus in the Game Vice.

"But wait, since the 6S is the same size"...YES! You can also fit a 6S or 6S Plus in the Game Vice.

"But wait, the iPhone 7 is the same"...Yes again my friend! You can also fit an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus in the Game vice with no problems at all!

"Wow! They thought of everything". Yes, yes they did. They also got ridiculously lucky that Apple didn't change much of the design for the iPhone 7 as well.

I'll even do you one better, I have a very thin case on my iPhone 7 along with a screen protector and it still fits in the Game Vice just fine. Note that I said very thin case though (my case and protector are both from Peel: https://gamevice.com/products/ipad-pro-12-9-inch/ See? I wasn't lying. Next thing you know, you'll literally be able to just take your TV off the wall, throw it in your backpack, grab a seat at Starbucks, throw on your Game Vice, and pwn some noobs in full 55" glory. Don't laugh, it could happen. If you do it, send me pictures.

Oh and how perfect is this thing for the kids!! I know you were looking for more ways to spoil your younglings and what a perfect way to do it! Give them more ways to ignore you! No but seriously, your kid will go nuts over this thing. And just think! Brothers will never again fight over the Xbox, cuz little bro now has one right in the palm of his hand. I'm a little brother, believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

In Game Experience

So what's this thing like to actually use? Well in short, amazing! The experience of going from a touch screen to a full controller in my hand was pretty incredible. There's just really no better way to play games. I experienced no lag or any kind of stutters while using the controller. And with the games that are designed to work with GameVice, the experience was even more seamless. I will say that there was some quirkiness with the triggers every now and then, just in the sense that every so often, I would hit the trigger and would get no response. I had to quickly hit it again for it to register. This was not a very prominent problem and it did not seriously effect my gameplay so it didn't really bother me too much. It's certainly not a deal-breaker and the controller still works extremely well, it's just something to be aware of.

As far as games that are designed to work with GameVice, unfortunately Apple doesn't specify in the App Store which games will work with 3rd party controllers, so GameVice has taken it upon themselves to provide their own solution. The result is their own app called GameVice Live that curates games available on the App Store that will work with GameVice. You don't really see that from much of the competition and it's a great touch from GameVice so thanks guys. That is certainly a major benefit with this controller.

"Ok that's all well and good, but how long does the battery last?"

Good question! Truthfully, a heckuva long time. I wasn't able to get an actual number of hours for you because I really never ran out of battery. I was able to use this thing for several hours without draining too much battery and you most likely will never drain the battery before you get to a place where you can charge it again. No, if you (or your youngling) do absolutely nothing but game for days on end, then yeah you might be wishing for some extra battery life. But let's be honest, if you're doing that anyway, that's another conversation we need to have. They also did include a battery indicator so you can keep track of how much life you've got left, but you'll probably drain the battery on your phone before you drain it on the GameVice.

Take My Money!

Well don't give it to me because you can't have my Game Vice, but if you want to give your money to the Apple Store, they'll be more than happy to take it from you. Right now, that's the only place you can get them from. But you can get them online from Apple or Amazon so you don't have to leave the house. Keep in mind the price is around a hundred bucks, but that is for all four models. That's right, no matter what device you have, the Game Vice is the same price for all of them! Very cool Game Vice. Truth-be-told there are cheaper alternatives out there, but you have to keep in mind the entire package you're getting with GameVice: direct lightning connectivity, comfortable feel with strong, tactile feedback, and an entire app dedicated to apps specifically designed to work with your controller. That's a tough combination to beat.

If your 8 year old spends all day playing Minecraft on their iPad, then you will earn all the cool points in the world if you grab them one of these with all those holiday gift cards. They may never put their iPad down again, but hey if that's the price of their love then so be it, right? Trust me, they will love you forever. Or at least until next Christmas. But hey, get one for yourself too! Think of all the bonding time you'll have while you're both staring at your iPads playing completely different games! Memories.

Look, here's the thing, if you're into mobile gaming at all, you want this thing. Seriously, you'll never go back. Whether it's for your 8 year old, or your inner 8 year old, pick one up. And happy gaming.

Amazon:
https://gamevice.com

App:
Gamevice Live by Wikipad
[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gamevice-live/id988584664?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]https://appsto.re/us/yRj76.i[/URL]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2