What's your favourite cloud storage app?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use all of them for different purposes, but my primary is Dropbox. I have been using them since they came out and over the years have earned a lot of extra space ��

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I use Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive, for different purposes.

Dropbox used to be my primary, but I am transitioning away from it because some basic functions now REQUIRE a paid subscription.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The primary thing that keeps my Dropbox account live is that some apps have it integrated for online storage, but not (yet?) any of the others.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Dropbox as my primary because of the ability to recover deleted items and versions, earn space and sync with a lot of other apps like 1Password.

iCloud is convenient and Google links with all Google service well.

I've also just started using Dropbox receipt which is handy

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Dropbox. All my day to day files are in there so they're on all my devices and of course I can download them from the web too if I need.

It's all handy to be able to log in and word and upload / download audio so I can easily transfer that without need for a USB stick.

I also use google drive for my automatic Wordpress backups but that's the only reason I use that.

I use BT sync also which isn't cloud storage but that syncs my music library on my DJ laptop to my backup hard drive on my desktop. Both of those locations backup to Livedrive so belts abs braces there

Mick Symons

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I use Dropbox. All my day to day files are in there so they're on all my devices and of course I can download them from the web too if I need.

It's all handy to be able to log in and word and upload / download audio so I can easily transfer that without need for a USB stick.

I also use google drive for my automatic Wordpress backups but that's the only reason I use that.

I use BT sync also which isn't cloud storage but that syncs my music library on my DJ laptop to my backup hard drive on my desktop. Both of those locations backup to Livedrive so belts abs braces there

Awesome! thanks for replying!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I use Google Drive on my Android phones and iCloud Drive on my iOS/macOS devices. I tried OneDrive a long time ago, but didn't seem to work well with my old MBP. I also used Dropbox years ago when I was in school, but haven't touched it in a while.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I also use Samsung Cloud and Nextbit's cloud storage as well on Android. Heck, I've probably still got stuff in other places due to Android. I tend to use the OEMs cloud storage for each Android device I have/had.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Maybe because of a slow Internet the only one I use for real is Dropbox, Google drive is where WhatsApp makes it backups so I have that too, OneDrive is something which even when it comes with Windows I never use it.

The problem with Cloud is something that is the bless too, the needs to be online.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use all of them for different purposes, but my primary is Dropbox. I have been using them since they came out and over the years have earned a lot of extra space ��

I, too, use several cloud storage solutions, but Dropbox is my primary, followed by iCloud

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Dropbox. I used to have 50GB on Box, but no one really used its API as much as Dropbox. So I deleted it. I used to have copy as well since you got 5GB for every referral, but their API wasn't used as much either and their website interface wasn't that nice. OneDrive is a pretty good alternative, but I just prefer Dropbox. OneDrive used to give out a lot of free storage. I only use google drive for their online Microsoft office alternative. iCloud storage is kind of a joke unless you upgrade to the higher tiers. The photo library and backups chew through that 5GB quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice