When you run out of Pokeballs - what are your options?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Any tips or tricks here? I recently ran out of Pokeballs (yes, I'm not exploring the world enough!), but other than buying Pokeballs or wandering around for Pokestops, are there any other tips or tricks I should know about?

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't help much either - but the only plausible option is to visit poke stops regularly. (spending money is generally bad lol)
Hopefully you have a couple that are close to you that you can visit often. My daily routine consists of visiting 10 poke stops that are nearish my home. Every errand I run begins with the poke stops lol.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Didn't think there'd be many options :)

I live in an area where the closes Pokestop is roughly 1km away. Kinda sucks if you want an easy way to stock up. Maybe I can request Niantic add one in at my address :p lol Wait, no. I don't want that.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I was extremely short on balls recently. I decided that I would go on Pok? Ball runs and just do the Pok?Stops, and avoid the temptation to catch wild Pok?mon I encountered. However, this almost never works. When I do see a Pok?mon, it is physically painful to just let him go and make absolutely no effort to catch him. So oftentimes when I finish playing, the net gain in number of balls I have is not that great, even when stocking up on balls was my goal for that particular session.

There?s a good time and a bad time to throw the ball at a Pok?mon you?re trying to catch. If you familiarize yourself with the chances of catching a Pok?mon before you go out there and actually play, you can avoid squandering your balls.

It?s also worth mentioning that it?s productive to use any public transportation options available to you instead of relying solely on walking/jogging/running around. Your feet will thank you.

I live in Miami and we have a couple of public transportation options that are completely free of charge, such as a trolley and a people mover in and around downtown Miami.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree, stay safe Rafagon.

James, unfortunately without spending money it is just Pok?Stop's. luckily I car pool into work and there's a Pok?Stop outside my hotel, at home I have the same issue nearly. My apartment complex office is a gym and the dog park right next to it is a Pok?Stop however they are at the other end of the complex. Though due to the Pok?Stop outside my hotel I have over 170 great balls, and about 40 ultra balls, and I'm re stockpiling my Pok?balls. I would say if you can, take an afternoon and go to an area filled with Pok?Stop's and stockpile.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

wendygrisanti

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
To do it for free you can take over gyms to earn coins and then use those coins to buy pokeballs! Or focus on leveling up! Every time you level up you get a stash of pokeballs.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I live in a rural area with no Poke stops and when i've been out and about and found any, all but one was empty. I'm almost out. Do I get more by catching Pokemon?

Pokestops are never empty. When you spin, be sure there is a picture in the disk that you have to spin. If you have a bad connection, sometimes you are not connected well enough to the internet for it to work properly. Just be patient and wait for the picture to show up in the disc before you spin it and you will receive items.
Another thought is that one friend didn't know he had to spin the disc to get items....

GarysPoke

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Pokestops are never empty. When you spin, be sure there is a picture in the disk that you have to spin. If you have a bad connection, sometimes you are not connected well enough to the internet for it to work properly. Just be patient and wait for the picture to show up in the disc before you spin it and you will receive items.
Another thought is that one friend didn't know he had to spin the disc to get items....

GarysPoke

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Hmmmm. All but one of a coupe dozen said "empty module." It'll be a few days before I'm anywhere there's likely to be another and I will try to pay more attention. I thought I could use my points to " buy" but apparently not so I guess I'm done for awhile. Thanks for responding.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
James: Find a place where there's a PokeStop inside and you can get a coffee and work and spin every 5 minutes. That'll stock you up after an hour or two.

Or pull a Kevin and buy them! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2