How do I disable sound notification for the stock News app (iOS 10)?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I like how I am notified with breaking news from the news app, however every time there is a banner notification, it give a sound notification.

I want to continue the news notification, but I want to disable the sound.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Open the "Settings" application, go to "Notifications". Scroll down to News and click on it. Disable or enable to your heart's desire.

MatttMN

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone figure this out? Under Settings > Notifications, most apps have a "Sounds" on/off slider. The IOS 10 News app does NOT have this option for some reason.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone figure this out? Under Settings > Notifications, most apps have a "Sounds" on/off slider. The IOS 10 News app does NOT have this option for some reason.

Mine does!
e42f60feb84109d99ad497a8d5fc4c9b.png

Alex Rowland

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
That's so odd. My does not have that option! Any other ideas?

View attachment 113015

Ok, if anyone is having this problem, this is how you fix it. The restarts might be superfluous for some, but this method will guarantee that it works for all:

1. Delete the "News" app (press the "News" icon until it vibrates, then hit the x that appears next to it).

2. Once the "News" icon disappears, restart your phone.

3. When the phone finishes rebooting, open the "App Store", search for "apple news", and click on the cloud icon with the down arrow to reinstall it.

4. Once it finishes installing, restart the phone.

5. When the phone finishes rebooting, open the "News" app and go through the initial welcome screens. <----- this is VITAl!

6. Close the news app by clicking on the home button.

7. Open the "Settings" app, go to "Notifications", scroll down to "News", and select it. You'll now have the option to disable sounds!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods