Pokemon Go is coming to the Apple Watch!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a hardcore Pokemon Go player, but I can appreciate Niantic bringing the game to the Apple Watch. When I go for a run, no longer will I be surrounded by a park full of youngsters, staring blankly at their iPhones... now they'll be looking at their wrists :p (I'm kidding)

Seriously though, I do think it's a GOOD thing, and should make the game more enjoyable for anyone with an Apple Watch. Niantic is scheduled to make the app available on Apple Watch by end of year. We'll see.

Are you excited about it?

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a hardcore Pokemon Go player, but I can appreciate Niantic bringing the game to the Apple Watch. When I go for a run, no longer will I be surrounded by a park full of youngsters, staring blankly at their iPhones... now they'll be looking at their wrists :p (I'm kidding)

Seriously though, I do think it's a GOOD thing, and should make the game more enjoyable for anyone with an Apple Watch. Niantic is scheduled to make the app available on Apple Watch by end of year. We'll see.

Are you excited about it?

I am. I have a newish Apple Watch and use it for daily workouts. I'm older and walk 4 miles a day.
while walking, I play Pokemon Go, so incorporating it into the watch will be fun.

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if Pok?mon go will work on the original Watch? Or does it have to be one of the new ones?

I just checked the Watch App on my iPhone and found "Poke' Status"
I just now clicked 'Show on Apple Watch' and it installed.
So yeah, it's there. Next outing I will see how well it works :)

Ron7624

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I was wrong about the app already being on my watch. There is a status icon on my watch but that just tells me if the app is running. I am pretty sure however that when the app is updated to include the watch it will most certainly work on the original Apple Watch.

Keppy71

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Would prefer to use a Apple watch than the Pokemon Go. It would hide the fact that I'm playing so much. Also hope they bring the option to use more than regular Poke balls.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2