Password manager change?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using DataVault on my iOS and MacBook devices for a few years, but it doesn't seem like the developers update it too often (last update was in December). In addition, the features seem light as opposed to other apps. Given that, is it time to switch to another service like 1Password? Or are password managers exempt from frequent updates compared to other apps? TIA.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I would not think they are exempt from updates. I have been using 1Password for a few years and find them to be quite frequent with there updates. Password managers in my opinion need to keep up with the possible risk that are out there. Even if they are not always security updates being released, the bug fixes are still required due to the frequency of other updates to OS X & iOS. Or Windows for that matter. Whichever operating system you are using. These are only my thoughts and hopefully other members will step in and add additional thoughts on this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1Password continues to add new features in updates, along with bug fixes. Maybe DataVault isn't prone to bugs and do not add new features.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro