Pok?mon GO : CP Math?

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I am just about to hit level 22. I have not evolved any of my worthwhile Pok?mon. I want to catch a few at this level and power them up. I did powered up a Pok?mon, a Tauros, only once. This is new for me.

How does the math work for Star Dust, Candy, the max per player XP level, and the resulting CP?

I can evolve 8-9 Eevees, but then would not be able to boost them further. I'm trying to balance getting some decent Pok?mon now, yet save some for candy for later. I have about 1/8 million star dust. I feel comfortable using a good bit of that.

I would love to see an advanced CP article at iMore. :D

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The problem with CP math, it's the same issue as the meta game on the cartridge games. Not only does math start to get complicated on a Pok?mon by Pok?mon basis, you complicate it further by adding to that the level of the trainer. And I've also read that Pok?mon GO also utilizes hidden values like the cartridge game which can greatly change the max CP of any one Pok?mon. I don't know how true it is, however it does seem likely and would therefore exponentially complicate the math. Not to mention someone would have to figure out how to calculate those hidden values, and I haven't seen where anyone has done that yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro