BeWeather Alternative

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Suggestions for a BeWeather alternative?

Long time (since Blackberry days) of BeWeather, but have pretty much given up on it lately. Updates sometimes, when it feels like it and intermittent lock screen updates. Have deleted and re-installed on numerous occasions, but getting tired of that work around.

Looking for another reliable weather app with lock screen weather and temperature on the badge, similar to BeWeather. Suggestions??

TIA

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, but are lock screen weather notifications as important to everybody using iOS 10, since a weather widget is available from the lock screen by swiping left?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, but are lock screen weather notifications as important to everybody using iOS 10, since a weather widget is available from the lock screen by swiping left?

Yeah. When I wake at 5 am I like to raise to wake and see the weather without doing any other action. Before iOS 10, you could have done the same by pulling down the notification center on the lock screen.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Im willing to bet that the issues with BeWeather come more from Weather Underground's side of things than BeWeather. I used to notice a lot of the same issues while using Wundergrounds app as BeWeather.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Correct it's the source for data that sometimes has issues. and even that w/ Weather underground it also relies on personal weather stations all over to get it's data