What exactly does tapping on one of the Nearby Pok?mon do?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
The Nearby function is great, of course, but I don?t think I fully understand it. It shows you which Pok?mon are nearby, obviously. But what actually happens when you tap on one and the circle is placed around it? (see attachment)

Does it actually ?do? something? Does it help me reach that particular Pok?mon in any way? Or is it just like a mental note to myself reminding me that this is my current quarry?

Any and all help will, of course, be appreciated.

nearby_what_does_it_do.jpg

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
tapping it really doesn't have a function at this point but the paw prints show the distance of how far it is away from you (IIRC it's in meters).

FYI. I hope you caught that Exeggcute

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Tapping it sets that specific Pokemon as something similar to your goal. It just makes that one Pokemon and its step count viewable when you back out of the nearby Pokemon. So since you put a circle(designated) that Pokemon as the one you're looking for, when you tap it and back out. Look at your lower right hand corner. You'll only see that Pokemon

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
RIght now there's a glitch where all pokemon show up as 3 steps away. When they get that working, any time you tap on the pokemon you make the game focus on that one, making it's chances of spawning better. Each step also represents a certain distance,

Jenna Ley

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
With the 3 steps away glitch it's best to not click on a specific Pok?mon and just keep clicking into the radar to see which Pok?mon are closest to you. When the one you want moves higher up on the list you know if you're going the right direction.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, guys! It’s good to know that that’s a glitch. Now I can react accordingly.

Anyone also notice the glitch where the game stays in daylight view even after nighttime starts? I like the look of the nighttime screen quite a bit, so I’ve found that if it’s in fact nighttime in real life and I’m getting daylight view in the game, I can get the nighttime view by force-quitting and re-launching the game.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, guys! It?s good to know that that?s a glitch. Now I can react accordingly.

Anyone also notice the glitch where the game stays in daylight view even after nighttime starts? I like the look of the nighttime screen quite a bit, so I?ve found that if it?s in fact nighttime in real life and I?m getting daylight view in the game, I can get the nighttime view by force-quitting and re-launching the game.

Yeah, or just wait for a pokemon to pop up, going into the the catch screen changes it too.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they got rid of the 3 footprint icons in the latest update. I had read somewhere it was because of server load* they set it to 3, now they just removed knowing it would be just as useful.

*Didn't verify it, just what I read.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73