Can Pokemon be played on an iPad Mini? If so, how?

I

iMore Question

Can Pokemon be played on ipadmini? If so, how. Thank you

Can Pokemon go be played on an iPad mini? I am not sure if it supports cellular. I have very limited knowledge, especially in regards to electronic devices and their requisite mediums, so please try and "dumb down" your answer(s). Thank you for your patience and courtesy.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can Pokemon be played on ipadmini? If so, how. Thank you

If the iPad mini does support cellular then yes, you can play it out of the house as I've read of people playing(I've not personally witnessed it). If it is a Wifi only model, you have 2 choices.
1.) you play in your house while on wifi using things like Incense(supposedly attracts pokemon to you). I've not been very successful with it.
2.) you could try thethering your iPad to your mobile device(will use your data and most likely have added on by your carrier- Some carriers like tmobile will give you a separate allotment of data for mobile hotspot usage.)
hope it helps

DontTread

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
I was told yesterday at the Apple Store that a wifi only ipad cannot run the game over wifi or a hotspot. I would love to learn of a workaround.

1blodg

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Pokeman wouldn't work 1st few attempts, kept on saying no gps on my cellular mini. I deleted the app a few times, then it kicked in.

WCuz

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I only play on my iPad mini. I have ATT cell service on it and it works great! Level 26 and counting. I just downloaded Pomemon Go from the App Store and started playing.

Good luck!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Re: Can Pokemon be played on ipadmini? If so, how. Thank you

I've taken my godkids out Pok?mon hunting on iPads. The cellular one was fine. The Wi-Fi one needed to be tethered for data and jumped around to Wi-Fi routers because of how Apple's CoreLocation works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox