What does shaking grass mean in Pokemon Go?

I

iMore Question

I keep seeing this as I'm moving about. What does it mean? I keep tapping on it when I see it but nothing seems to happen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Shaking grass, what does it mean in Pokemon Go?

Some people claim that it means there's a Pok?mon either at the spot or nearby.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. If you walk to that point a wild Pokemon will appear and you should be able to capture it.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

as it's been said, like in the original games it indicates Pokemon nearby, however you can't bank on that alone - also keep an eye on the 'nearby' tab in the bottom corner, they'll work in concert to guide you to wild Pokemon.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

That doesn't seem to work for me..... do I need to hang out near the leaves? I've even turned on an incense and nothing happens!

I think that was something that happened by luck but haven't been able to get consistent results from it lately.

Bluelineking7

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I walk to the spot, but nothing happens for me as well

From what I have figured out so far, the grass leads you to Pokemon generally, but is not a given. The foot prints and "nearby" bar are much better to use. 1 foot step is closest, 2 in middle, 3 furthest. The box will flash green if you are walking in the right direction, and the foot prints should get lower.

adar29

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
There are zero earthquakes in Pok?mon Go. As indicated in this thread, the waving grass most likely signals a Pok?mon nearby.

In my phone every Pokemon is always 3 foot prints away. Always. Even when I am standing on top of them.plus I can seem to make ar works

Dark_Silver

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
When grass appear, it means that a Pokemon is near you. Although Pokemon move too, so you might not find the Pokemon in the same spot as the grass. Just move around that area and you will find a Pokemon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner