Certain apps won't allow access to phone numbers from my contact list?

I

iMore Question

Certain apps won't allow access to phone numbers from my contact list

I use an app on my iphone 6s called USPS. It lets me track packages once there shipped. It also has an option to receive text alerts whenever the package gets scanned along the way. Instead of entering a whole phone number, it use to let me just click on a persons name from my contact list and it puts their complete number in the text alert box. I can still do that but with just certain people from my contact list. People in my contact list that I have associated with as friends on facebook, can't be used. A few weeks ago everyone from my contact list...even my facebook friends...could be added to the text alerts. Has the settings changed that is keeping certain contacts from my list, from this option? I can enter their number myself and it works that way, but it takes more time to do that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Certain apps won't allow access to phone numbers from my contact list

You probably have to get with the app's developer for details regarding this matter. I use the USPS app, but I don't use it to receive text alerts and I definitely wouldn't use it with anybody else's phone number if I did opt to receive text alerts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Why do all your contacts and Facebook friends need to know when your packages get scanned?

RJShawIV

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

They don't. I have my name in my contact list with my phone number also, and it appears in grey as a facebook friend, and thats why I can't insert my phone number in the text alert box.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

They don't. I have my name in my contact list with my phone number also, and it appears in grey as a facebook friend, and thats why I can't insert my phone number in the text alert box.

Have you considered turning Contacts off for Facebook in Settings?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2