I have an iphone 4 that was sent to my mom to use for facetime. She locked the phone with a passcode and doesn't remember what the code is. I want to use find my iphone and erase the phone so I can get back into the phone. It says it will erase when the phone is connected to the internet. When the phone is plugged in itunes pops up and prompts me to use the phone to allow itunes access. If I can't get into the phone how do I get the erase from find my iphone to work?
    06-26-2016 09:56 AM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

If the iPhone is protected with the iCloud Activation Lock, you will NOT be able to bypass it without the proper iCloud credentials. Period! If your mom cannot recall the passcode AND cannot get it via Apple's passcode recovery tool, then there's nothing anyone can do for you at this point.
    If the iPhone is protected with the iCloud Activation Lock, you will NOT be able to bypass it without the proper iCloud credentials. Period! If your mom cannot recall the passcode AND cannot get it via Apple's passcode recovery tool, then there's nothing anyone can do for you at this point.
    06-26-2016 10:07 AM