I have a very limited mobile data plan so I need a good offline navigation app. I've looked at Google Maps, maps.me, HERE maps, and Sygic.

I would really like to use Google Maps, however I don't like the way it handles offline maps. Zooming in over an area is a bit clunky in my opinion, and I'd like to be able to download entire states.

HERE maps, maps.me, and Sygic all look pretty good. HERE looks very nice and I believe it has offline voice-navigation, something that the others don't? I'm not sure on that though, I haven't had a chance to test them out.

Any input on the apps listed above would be great, or maybe someone knows of a better one. Accuracy is the biggest thing really.

Thanks!
    05-20-2016 05:34 PM
    I recommend you install and test the ones you've mentioned to see which works best for you. We can recommend all day long, but until you give the recommendations a try, you're not going to know if you'll actually like them or not.
    05-20-2016 10:57 PM
    I like CityMaps2Go. It's offline and includes a great travel guide.
    City Maps 2Go Pro Offline Map and Travel Guide by Ulmon GmbH
    https://appsto.re/us/UozIt.i
    05-21-2016 05:41 PM
    I recommend you install and test the ones you've mentioned to see which works best for you. We can recommend all day long, but until you give the recommendations a try, you're not going to know if you'll actually like them or not.
    Good plan. I purchased Garmin but it's somewhat pricey at ~$50. Works decent though.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-21-2016 09:03 PM
    Been using Here on Windows Phone for several years, and I really like it.
    05-26-2016 11:59 AM
    Good plan. I purchased Garmin but it's somewhat pricey at ~$50. Works decent though.
    The Garmin & Navigon apps are worth the $$... I'm a satisfied Navigon user.
    05-26-2016 12:03 PM
    The Garmin & Navigon apps are worth the $$... I'm a satisfied Navigon user.
    I agree. I use Garmin on my iPhone and Navigon on my Android. It's a case of you get what you pay for in my experience.
    05-26-2016 12:31 PM
    I don't use maps for navigation very often at all. For offline maps, Pocket Earth Pro seems nice.
    Pocket Earth PRO Offline Maps - GPS Navigation Map, Topographic Contour Map, Travel Guide by GeoMagik LLC
    05-27-2016 11:13 AM