I currently use a nexus 6p with Lastpass. I can open an app that requires a password and use my fingerprint to authenticate. I heard recently that touch ID on iphones won't do this. Is this true or is there a password manager that will do this on iOS? I am swapping back to the iphone in the near future.

Thanks.
    03-25-2016 08:07 AM
    Most apps that I use allow me to use my touchID to sign in. I think it just depends on what app and if the developer allows the touchID to be used. The only current apps that I use that allow me to use touchID is my banking apps. When I purchase from the Apple Store I can use touchID. You should be able to use the App Store now and check the apps you currently use and see if it says in the description that touchID can be used to sign in. Hope this helps answer your question.
    03-26-2016 09:07 AM
    I currently use a nexus 6p with Lastpass. I can open an app that requires a password and use my fingerprint to authenticate. I heard recently that touch ID on iphones won't do this. Is this true or is there a password manager that will do this on iOS? I am swapping back to the iphone in the near future.

Thanks.
    There are many apps where you can use TouchID to authenticate yourself, the ones I use are:

Notes (since iOS 9.3)
    CamScanner
    SafeInCloud (password manager)
    Photo Vault

Not sure what are your expectations in a password manager application.
    03-26-2016 10:04 AM
    I appreciate both responses but I am asking specifically about LastPass or another password manager for authentication.

Thanks.
    03-27-2016 06:25 AM
    I appreciate both responses but I am asking specifically about LastPass or another password manager for authentication.

Thanks.
    Lastpass will NOT authenticate other apps. It will authenticate via the safari browser on any websites however.

As mentioned above many apps will have their own Touch ID option. Get your password from Lastpass, save it in the app, and then Touch ID authenticate from then on.
    03-27-2016 08:43 AM

Thanks.
    Fleeper, just Check LastPass for iOS here LastPass Free Password Manager & Security Suite with Private Notes & Passcode Generator por Marvasol, Inc DBA LastPass
    https://appsto.re/ar/hvtwt.i

I've been reviewing the Android version and it looks it is just another password manager app.

Not sure how good LastPass is, I personally use SafeInCloud
    03-27-2016 10:08 AM
    Fleeper, just Check LastPass for iOS here LastPass – Free Password Manager & Security Suite with Private Notes & Passcode Generator por Marvasol, Inc DBA LastPass
    https://appsto.re/ar/hvtwt.i

I've been reviewing the Android version and it looks it is just another password manager app.

Not sure how good LastPass is, I personally use SafeInCloud
    I currently use it on Android and it is great; it will fill in usernames and passwords via fingerprint authentication; I have heard that it does not work this way exactly on iOS. It looks like it will in Safari but my question is more focused on filling in the log in info for apps specifically. thanks much.
    03-27-2016 07:19 PM