Keep On App?

ChaseJ

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello!
I am new to iPhone, coming from being a long time android guy. Must say I am sad I didn't switch sooner. But to the topi at hand. I am looking for an alternative app to one I used frequently on android. It is an app that will allow me to keep the screen on when using specified apps. For example, if I'm listening to Spotify, it will keep he screen on and lit as long as I'm in the app. When I leave the app, the screen time goes back to what the settings are set for. Anything out there like this? Thank you for any help!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of! You can set auto lock in settlngs to stay on indefinitely. But then you'd be going back and forth too much. I'm not real sure what it is you're trying to accomplish. Why do you need to keep the screen on when you're not using the Spotify app?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're trying to keep the screen on the entire time you're using the app, you'll have to set auto lock to "never" while using the app. To Make it more expedient, use the Launcher app to access auto lock from the today screen. Saves time.
I have auto lock on mine:
8fa0724faa0db48420503c0785a4f791.jpg

ChaseJ

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone!
I just don't like having to unlock my phone to go to the next song. I know I can skip songs via the lock screen, but having the ability to just have the screen on and browse the music without having to turn the screen on each time would be nice.
Loving my iPhone 6S either way though. And going for the 64gb was a good choice.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone!
I just don't like having to unlock my phone to go to the next song. I know I can skip songs via the lock screen, but having the ability to just have the screen on and browse the music without having to turn the screen on each time would be nice.
Loving my iPhone 6S either way though. And going for the 64gb was a good choice.

I can start a song and browse my playlists without opening my iPhone. I do it with Music Launcher. I'm still unclear about the screen on thing. Why do you need the screen to stay on?

ChaseJ

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
In relation to keeping the screen in for Spotify, it's mostly for when I'm driving so I don't have to unlock the phone every time. I also used it for other apps. Like my rss reader, I would have it set so when that app was open, it wouldn't shut the screen off while I was reading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh