What podcast app do you use?

arteaga323

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I use the stock Apple Podcast app, pretty fair and no issues, however I'm desperately waiting for Google to release an update for their iOS Play Music app with Podcast support

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the default one and have no issues with it, what don't you like about it? I wouldn't mind an alternative to iTunes on my laptop because whenever I start playing one that isn't downloaded it will stop once it is, making me scroll through 2-3 minutes to find my place again. No such issues with the native mobile OS one though.

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Okay so I tried downloaded overcast before out of curiosity. I quite like it but the ads are a big no for me and I'm not paying $9 a year to remove them. Back to Apple's offering for now.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
PocketCasts is the best, I've tried others but always come back to PocketCasts

This is my thought as well. I used Downcast for a long time, and tried to like Overcast, but I moved over to Pocket Casts last year and couldn't be happier. The biggest reason I switched from Downcast was for smart speed and I was hearing how good Overcast was, and it had Smart Speed. I never quite got used to the UI and overall features, so when I saw Pocket Casts had it I tried that and much prefer the UI and overall feel/feature set so that's what I've kept using. Even tried using Overcast for a while again recently and ended up back at Pocket Casts.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is my thought as well. I used Downcast for a long time, and tried to like Overcast, but I moved over to Pocket Casts last year and couldn't be happier. The biggest reason I switched from Downcast was for smart speed and I was hearing how good Overcast was, and it had Smart Speed. I never quite got used to the UI and overall features, so when I saw Pocket Casts had it I tried that and much prefer the UI and overall feel/feature set so that's what I've kept using. Even tried using Overcast for a while again recently and ended up back at Pocket Casts.

I second this. Pocket Casts is awesome!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice