Hi,

I purchased an iPhone 6S Plus today and just finished setting it up. Now this isn't my first iPhone (i've jumped back and forth between Android, Windows Phone, iPhone, and BlackBerry and have used the iPhone first gen, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5S), and thus I've had a few apps that I've purchased in the past from the App Store.

Previously whenever I moved back to the iOS platform, I usually set up my account via iCloud restore, but this time I chose set up as new (as it has been a while since I used the 5s and I'm not sure if my backup for that is still in iCloud, and I did want to start fresh for some reason). I've got most of everything set up including contacts, email accounts and other business apps, and basic apps... But when I went into the App Store and clicked on Purchased Apps and scroll through the apps, I only see limited apps that were purchased earlier last year or so, but games and applications that were purchased earlier than that aren't appearing.

I couldn't pull up the info in iTunes either, but when I did go to my Account Info and dug deeper into the Previous Purchases list (which is kinda difficult to scroll through), I see many of the Apps that I can't see otherwise.

Since I have my payment method already configured on my account... if i click on Buy on the apps that I purchased in the past, will it still charge my credit card or will it download it without a re-charge? Any chance I can download/get the proper list of my historical apps somehow?

Thanks in advance.
    02-06-2016 04:26 PM
    If you are using the same Apple ID as you used you purchase the apps and the app is the same one then you should get a pop up that tells you it was purchased previously and you won't be charged.
    02-06-2016 05:00 PM
    Thanks... Yes that worked however I'm wondering if there is a way to get a list of all apps somehow that I've purchased in the past and quickly install them rather than trying to get at it through the purchase history in iTunes (as that doesn't seem to navigate too well)?
    02-06-2016 06:17 PM
    Thanks... Yes that worked however I'm wondering if there is a way to get a list of all apps somehow that I've purchased in the past and quickly install them rather than trying to get at it through the purchase history in iTunes (as that doesn't seem to navigate too well)?
    You should see all the apps you have downloaded in the past in your purchased list in the App Store. They should all be there if you are using the same iTunes ID. If they are not there, they may have been discontinued and removed from the purchased list.
    There's not a better way, unless you do it on the computer.
    02-06-2016 06:21 PM
    That's the thing... I am using the same Apple ID and yet those apps aren't showing in the list. If I click on any app that I had purchased in the past it doesn't charge me and downloads it as I've already purchased it in the past. Here's the funny thing though... When I download an app that I have purchased in the past and couldn't find it in my purchased apps list, it lets me know that the update is free and I'm not charged, but even after the app is installed on my iPhone successfully, it still doesn't show up under my purchased list of apps in App Store.

Example: I had purchased Where's my Water in late 2012... I see the invoice for it in iTunes purchase history but I don't see the app in my purchased apps list in iTunes or the iPhone. I went to the App Store on my phone and bought it, it didn't charge me as it said I had purchased a previous version and this update was thus free. And now Where's my Water is installed on my iPhone, but it still doesn't show up in the App Store under the purchased list in either the All or Not installed on this phone tab.
    02-06-2016 06:28 PM
    Ok, So I spent last night going through old receipts and downloaded a bunch of apps that I had purchased or had used in the past, leaving many free ones behind (some of which I believe were purchased on sale/special-offer). Now I don't want to go through this process ever again... but the issue that I now have is that none of the apps that I downloaded again yesterday (around 60 to 70 in total) show up in my Purchased Apps list still, either in the App Store on the iPhone nor in iTunes.

I've tried numerous solutions posted online like signing out and signing back into my iTunes account on the iPhone, authorizing my computer, etc. etc. But still no luck. Any ideas on what's happening here? If i end up removing any app for some reason, I'd like to be able to see it in my purchased apps list and not have to go through receipts to identify the apps again.

Moreover, I remember that iTunes had the option of downloading/transferrring purchased apps when your phone is connected to the computer, but that doesn't seem to work now (from what I read on Apple Support, it's no longer applicable for iOS 9). The issue is that if i go into iTunes and set the options to automatically download Apps I've purchased, it doesn't download anything! My computer is authorized, i've clicked on "Check for Available Downloads", browsed the app store, etc.

Would I seriously have to go to each app in the App Store by looking it up to download it to my computer? And it's not going to be easy, as the apps won't appear under Purchased Apps.

Anyone else having these issues?
    02-08-2016 09:40 AM
    Ok, So I spent last night going through old receipts and downloaded a bunch of apps that I had purchased or had used in the past, leaving many free ones behind (some of which I believe were purchased on sale/special-offer). Now I don't want to go through this process ever again... but the issue that I now have is that none of the apps that I downloaded again yesterday (around 60 to 70 in total) show up in my Purchased Apps list still, either in the App Store on the iPhone nor in iTunes.

I've tried numerous solutions posted online like signing out and signing back into my iTunes account on the iPhone, authorizing my computer, etc. etc. But still no luck. Any ideas on what's happening here? If i end up removing any app for some reason, I'd like to be able to see it in my purchased apps list and not have to go through receipts to identify the apps again.

Moreover, I remember that iTunes had the option of downloading/transferrring purchased apps when your phone is connected to the computer, but that doesn't seem to work now (from what I read on Apple Support, it's no longer applicable for iOS 9). The issue is that if i go into iTunes and set the options to automatically download Apps I've purchased, it doesn't download anything! My computer is authorized, i've clicked on "Check for Available Downloads", browsed the app store, etc.

Would I seriously have to go to each app in the App Store by looking it up to download it to my computer? And it's not going to be easy, as the apps won't appear under Purchased Apps.

Anyone else having these issues?
    Do you have "all" enabled at the top in your purchased list? If not, tap on "all".
    02-08-2016 12:23 PM
    Do you have "all" enabled at the top in your purchased list? If not, tap on "all".
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ea4c2ae265.jpg
    Yes, all is selected.

BTW - One thing that might possibly be causing this problem, though not sure why, I moved last year from Pakistan to Australia and changed my Apple ID's region/country accordingly. But I do distinctively remember being able to see my purchased history from before then in the iPhone 5S back then...

I just checked, and the first/oldest app in the Purchased apps list is the first one that I downloaded in Australia.
    02-08-2016 01:31 PM
    Yes, all is selected.

BTW - One thing that might possibly be causing this problem, though not sure why, I moved last year from Pakistan to Australia and changed my Apple ID's region/country accordingly. But I do distinctively remember being able to see my purchased history from before then in the iPhone 5S back then...

I just checked, and the first/oldest app in the Purchased apps list is the first one that I downloaded in Australia.
    If you have purchases in a different region/store, you can maybe access that store. Many I know switch between the US store and Europe (England). But then updates can be a hassle.

Give Apple Support a call and see what they suggest.
    02-08-2016 02:49 PM
    If you have purchases in a different region/store, you can maybe access that store. Many I know switch between the US store and Europe (England). But then updates can be a hassle.

Give Apple Support a call and see what they suggest.
    Switching between stores doesn't work because as soon as I switch the store, iTunes logs me out and once I log back in, it tells me I can purchase from the Australian store and changes back to that region automatically. I believe multiple regions only work if you have different Apple ID for each region.

I might as well change my region back to Pakistan as I moved back here for some time, that might show my old purchases too...

Anyways, I guess I'll have to talk to Apple Support in regards to this and see what they tell me.
    02-08-2016 03:26 PM
    I had a lengthy conversation with Apple Support yesterday on Chat and after switching between two support technicians and answering their questions, providing order #s, etc. I was provided with this comment: "Okay, Salman, thank you so much for all your patience with us today. In order for you to re-download any purchases made on another Countries storefront, like, Pakistan or the US, you will need to switch back to that country to re-download and then save the download to external hard drive to be able to sync it to your device. I am sorry."

I'm not sure why this problem exists today as it used to work in the past prior to iOS9 (from what I can tell). Here's a summary of my issue:

* I've been using iPhones since they first launched switching back and forth in-between to other platforms.

* I created my current Apple ID in early 2012 (I used to have one before that but discontinued for some reason)

* My Apple ID's region was set to Pakistan initially, but I changed it to Australia last year when I moved there. I moved back to Pakistan this year, but have left the region as Australia for now as I use apps from that region and have proper payment methods configured, etc.

* When I was using the iPhone 5S in Australia last year and before I switched over to the Galaxy S6 Edge, I could see all my purchased apps in the App Store on the iPhone, including free or paid apps that I had purchased since 2012.

* I moved to the iPhone 6S Plus this weekend and after setting it up as a new iPhone (I didn't have the iPhone 5S backup on iCloud or on my computer - i must've deleted it), none of my apps since before I switched my region in the App Store to Australia show up under my Purchased Apps in the App Store.

* The missing apps from the Purchased Apps list includes both paid and free apps. For example, Twitter, Mextures, and Where's My Water are not listed in my Purchased apps even though I downloaded them onto my iPhone 6S Plus by looking up the app in the App Store and clicking Buy - at which point the App Store informed me that I own a previous version of the app and thus get the new version for free. (I've signed out and logged back into my Apple ID, gone through iTunes, etc. and still no luck in getting the Apps to show up in the Purchased apps list).

* I can try changing the App Store region to Pakistan to see if that brings the apps back into the Purchased apps list, but I need access to apps from the Australian App Store.

* I now have over 50-60 apps that I have on my iPhone 6S Plus that still don't show under my Purchased Apps list on either the iPhone or iTunes. Just for my sanity, i thought I'd transfer the purchases from the iPhone to iTunes, but that option doesn't seem to work anymore with iOS 9.

At least I'm still able to download the previously purchased apps without paying for them again. But the absence of the apps from the purchased list is sort of insane. Anyone faced this issue in the past?
    Last edited by msalmank; 02-09-2016 at 10:44 AM.
    02-09-2016 10:05 AM
    Ok, I changed my store in the App Store to Pakistan and it shows all my apps under the Purchased tab. Trying to download any of the apps in there switches it to the Australian store and I no longer see the apps in the Purchased tab.

In short, it seems the App Store is not parsing apps across regions properly when a purchased app from a past region exists in the App Store for your current region as well.

At-least now that I know what the issue is, I can move past it.
    02-09-2016 10:45 AM