About a month ago I moved from Android to iOS. I'm using a 6s Plus. On my Android phones I always got a notification of when I had a friend request. I haven't gotten any on my iPhone. I only get them if I open the app and see the red number on the requests tab.

Anyone know how to get these to work? I have push notifications turned on, so I get them for comments, birthdays, etc. But not friend requests.

Thanks!
    01-30-2016 11:39 AM
    Bump.

Anyone got anything? I get every single notification from Facebook, except for friend requests. I have no idea why those don't come through. It's driving me nuts. I can't find an answer anywhere.
    01-31-2016 08:42 PM
    I have text message notifications turned on; I get a text message anytime I receive a friend request.
    01-31-2016 11:23 PM
    I have text message notifications turned on; I get a text message anytime I receive a friend request.
    May have to try that. But I don't want texts for everything. Do you just get friend requests through text?
    01-31-2016 11:26 PM
    You should be able to set that in the Facebook Settings.
    02-01-2016 12:13 AM
    You should be able to set that in the Facebook Settings.
    There isn't one specifically for that. I've looked online on Facebook and in my app settings
    02-01-2016 07:23 AM
    There isn't one specifically for that. I've looked online on Facebook and in my app settings
    You set email to this:

But I don't see the list to subscribe or unsubscribe. Try the Facebook Settings on the computer site.
    02-01-2016 12:21 PM
    But I don't see the list to subscribe or unsubscribe. Try the Facebook Settings on the computer site.
    There is a place on the website to subscribe via email or text to friend requests. There is nowhere from within the app itself or the mobile notifications on the website to subscribe to friend requests. These are the only notifications for Facebook that I don't receive on my iPhone. I also checked my wife's phone this morning (an S6 edge+) and within the Facebook app itself you can turn on or off friend request notifications. No such option shows up anywhere within the iOS Facebook app.

I do appreciate the help, though!
    02-01-2016 12:32 PM
    There is a place on the website to subscribe via email or text to friend requests. There is nowhere from within the app itself or the mobile notifications on the website to subscribe to friend requests. These are the only notifications for Facebook that I don't receive on my iPhone. I also checked my wife's phone this morning (an S6 edge+) and within the Facebook app itself you can turn on or off friend request notifications. No such option shows up anywhere within the iOS Facebook app.

I think mine is as yours. It said to check as I showed. Maybe subscribe online, but set the app to like the image I showed.
    02-01-2016 12:43 PM

I found it on the desktop view in Safari on my phone.
    Go to Facebook in Safari.
    Press the loop icon at the right of the search bar at the top. Choose desktop view.
    Go to the home page.
    Click on the caret in the top right.

Click "Settings".

Choose notifications
    Choose email
    Choose the all except....

Scroll down to friend request and tap it to subscribe.
    02-01-2016 01:17 PM
    I found it on the desktop view in Safari on my phone.
    Go to Facebook in Safari.
    Thanks again! But this has nothing to do with the mobile app notifications. This will just send me email notifications for friend requests. Which will help some. But I can't get the Facebook app to notify me of friend requests. I get comments, event invites, and even when someone accepts my friend request. But NEVER when someone sends me a request.
    02-01-2016 01:38 PM
    Thanks again! But this has nothing to do with the mobile app notifications. This will just send me email notifications for friend requests. Which will help some. But I can't get the Facebook app to notify me of friend requests. I get comments, event invites, and even when someone accepts my friend request. But NEVER when someone sends me a request.
    I misunderstood. You mean friend request don't show in the friend request icon at the bottom?
    02-01-2016 01:46 PM
    I misunderstood. You mean friend request don't show in the friend request icon at the bottom?
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...86fcd702db.jpg
    They show there. But only when I open the app. I don't get push notifications showing me I have a request. But I get push notifications for EVERYTHING else.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    02-01-2016 01:50 PM
    They show there. But only when I open the app. I don't get push notifications showing me I have a request. But I get push notifications for EVERYTHING else.
    I don't like getting any notifications from Facebook. I check several times a day in the App. You might use the "Report a problem", and send them your issue. How long has it been like that?
    02-01-2016 02:02 PM
    I don't like getting any notifications from Facebook. I check several times a day in the App. You might use the "Report a problem", and send them your issue. How long has it been like that?
    I did actually report it to them. It's been doing that as long as I can remember. Been on iOS since a week before Christmas.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    02-01-2016 02:03 PM
    I did actually report it to them. It's been doing that as long as I can remember. Been on iOS since a week before Christmas.
    There's a Facebook help Forum. Have you tried asking there?
    http://able2know.org/forum/facebook/
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    02-01-2016 02:11 PM
    There's a Facebook help Forum. Have you tried asking there?
    http://able2know.org/forum/facebook/
    Nope! I haven't. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks a lot for your contributions. I definitely appreciate it!!
    02-01-2016 02:13 PM
    Well still no luck. Stupid Facebook... Ha!

Hopefully someone somewhere will chime in and help out. That Facebook Forum is a conglomeration of forums and, unfortunately, it was of little to no help.
    02-02-2016 04:02 PM
    Well still no luck. Stupid Facebook... Ha!

Hopefully someone somewhere will chime in and help out. That Facebook Forum is a conglomeration of forums and, unfortunately, it was of little to no help.
    Sometimes there's just no explanation or fix. I have a camera app, ProCamera +HDR, that has a time/date stamp feature. Been using it well over 2 years. The stamp always showed 12 hour time. Right after updating iOS 9 in September, it started showing 24 hour time. I've talked to Cocologics, Apple, and Comcast. No one has a clue. All 3 of my phones do it. But other people who use it get 12 hour time on iOS 9. I've given up. It'll just have to be 24 hour time. There's not many things that effect all 3 phones. There's iOS 9, wifi, same purchased list, and all on Verizon.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    02-02-2016 05:15 PM
    Yeah, I kind of figured it's just going to be that way. But the tech nerd in me likes to figure stuff out and make it work. It'll probably magically work sometime soon. Although I found a Facebook Notification phone number in a thread on Facebook. So I may try that.
    02-02-2016 06:32 PM
    Yeah, I kind of figured it's just going to be that way. But the tech nerd in me likes to figure stuff out and make it work. It'll probably magically work sometime soon. Although I found a Facebook Notification phone number in a thread on Facebook. So I may try that.
    Well all that notification phone number did was find some guy who said I had someone else logged into my account in France. And then they would have to be paid to fix it for me. So that was definitely a scam. Needless to say, it still isn't working, and it's still driving me nuts. Guess I'll just have to learn to cope with it. Ha!
    02-03-2016 04:12 PM
    So I tried to download a new app for notifications called "Friendly". It actually had controls for friend request notifications. I thought I had this thing beat. But, it didn't work. I still am not getting notifications for friend requests. It's like Facebook shut off something on their end. Which sucks, because there's no one at Facebook to talk to.
    02-05-2016 01:56 PM
    Sweet mother!! I fixed it!! I randomly read online that Chrome notifications can cause mobile notifications to not work. I had turned them on my work computer. Turned those off and bam! It works again!!
    Fit24 likes this.
    02-09-2016 01:41 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...86fcd702db.jpg
    Can you help me? The friend request don't show in the friend request icon at the bottom.
    11-26-2016 10:36 AM