Facebook Friend Request Notifications?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago I moved from Android to iOS. I'm using a 6s Plus. On my Android phones I always got a notification of when I had a friend request. I haven't gotten any on my iPhone. I only get them if I open the app and see the red number on the requests tab.

Anyone know how to get these to work? I have push notifications turned on, so I get them for comments, birthdays, etc. But not friend requests.

Thanks!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Bump.

Anyone got anything? I get every single notification from Facebook, except for friend requests. I have no idea why those don't come through. It's driving me nuts. I can't find an answer anywhere.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have text message notifications turned on; I get a text message anytime I receive a friend request.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There isn't one specifically for that. I've looked online on Facebook and in my app settings

You set email to this:
bf8c2480de31bf9b9fd4262baeea8c68.jpg

But I don't see the list to subscribe or unsubscribe. Try the Facebook Settings on the computer site.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
But I don't see the list to subscribe or unsubscribe. Try the Facebook Settings on the computer site.

There is a place on the website to subscribe via email or text to friend requests. There is nowhere from within the app itself or the mobile notifications on the website to subscribe to friend requests. These are the only notifications for Facebook that I don't receive on my iPhone. I also checked my wife's phone this morning (an S6 edge+) and within the Facebook app itself you can turn on or off friend request notifications. No such option shows up anywhere within the iOS Facebook app.

I do appreciate the help, though!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There is a place on the website to subscribe via email or text to friend requests. There is nowhere from within the app itself or the mobile notifications on the website to subscribe to friend requests. These are the only notifications for Facebook that I don't receive on my iPhone. I also checked my wife's phone this morning (an S6 edge+) and within the Facebook app itself you can turn on or off friend request notifications. No such option shows up anywhere within the iOS Facebook app.

I think mine is as yours. It said to check as I showed. Maybe subscribe online, but set the app to like the image I showed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I found it on the desktop view in Safari on my phone.
Go to Facebook in Safari.
Press the loop icon at the right of the search bar at the top. Choose desktop view.
Go to the home page.
Click on the caret in the top right.
fff7e175f0aab9832065b97fd4afe044.jpg

Click "Settings".

Choose notifications
Choose email
Choose the all except....
a790b32f4aba9a4474ebdfc31286b960.jpg

Scroll down to friend request and tap it to subscribe.
e67e623d0c729a572876af710add8653.jpg

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I found it on the desktop view in Safari on my phone.
Go to Facebook in Safari.

Thanks again! But this has nothing to do with the mobile app notifications. This will just send me email notifications for friend requests. Which will help some. But I can't get the Facebook app to notify me of friend requests. I get comments, event invites, and even when someone accepts my friend request. But NEVER when someone sends me a request.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again! But this has nothing to do with the mobile app notifications. This will just send me email notifications for friend requests. Which will help some. But I can't get the Facebook app to notify me of friend requests. I get comments, event invites, and even when someone accepts my friend request. But NEVER when someone sends me a request.

I misunderstood. You mean friend request don't show in the friend request icon at the bottom?
74384f4e91feb877e9d15386fcd702db.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They show there. But only when I open the app. I don't get push notifications showing me I have a request. But I get push notifications for EVERYTHING else.

I don't like getting any notifications from Facebook. I check several times a day in the App. You might use the "Report a problem", and send them your issue. How long has it been like that?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't like getting any notifications from Facebook. I check several times a day in the App. You might use the "Report a problem", and send them your issue. How long has it been like that?

I did actually report it to them. It's been doing that as long as I can remember. Been on iOS since a week before Christmas.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well still no luck. Stupid Facebook... Ha!

Hopefully someone somewhere will chime in and help out. That Facebook Forum is a conglomeration of forums and, unfortunately, it was of little to no help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well still no luck. Stupid Facebook... Ha!

Hopefully someone somewhere will chime in and help out. That Facebook Forum is a conglomeration of forums and, unfortunately, it was of little to no help.

Sometimes there's just no explanation or fix. I have a camera app, ProCamera +HDR, that has a time/date stamp feature. Been using it well over 2 years. The stamp always showed 12 hour time. Right after updating iOS 9 in September, it started showing 24 hour time. I've talked to Cocologics, Apple, and Comcast. No one has a clue. All 3 of my phones do it. But other people who use it get 12 hour time on iOS 9. I've given up. It'll just have to be 24 hour time. There's not many things that effect all 3 phones. There's iOS 9, wifi, same purchased list, and all on Verizon.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I kind of figured it's just going to be that way. But the tech nerd in me likes to figure stuff out and make it work. It'll probably magically work sometime soon. Although I found a Facebook Notification phone number in a thread on Facebook. So I may try that.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711