Hi folks,

Been testing out a bunch of task managers the past few months.

-Fantastical
    - Things
    -Gtasks
    -Todoist
    -Evernote
    -2do

Just to name a few. There are things that I like and also dislike about each one, so just wanted to start a conversation regarding this topic.

I hear so many good things about Omnifocus. But is it worth the 40 dollar price tag? Or are there other apps etc I should be looking at?

Thanks!
    01-12-2016 01:21 PM
    Whether it's worth the price, I can't say - at least not in regard to your needs. It's not worth it for me, but then again, I do not need anything more than Evernote and the native Reminders app for tasks. I've used others such as Any.Do, Clear, and a few others, but the aforementioned two is all I use and need.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-12-2016 02:55 PM
    I hear you man. Maybe some other Omnifocus users can chime in.

Thanks!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-12-2016 09:10 PM
    I have Omnifocus. I have had it over a year. It was an expensive investment. I have tried so hard to make it work for me but unfortunately it has not been a success. The cost to me doesn't complicate the issues that I find with it. There's a whole lot cheaper apps that out perform Omnifocus. Try a cheaper option. I keep downloading hoping it will be better but not yet.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-12-2016 09:30 PM
    I have Omnifocus. I have had it over a year. It was an expensive investment. I have tried so hard to make it work for me but unfortunately it has not been a success. The cost to me doesn't complicate the issues that I find with it. There's a whole lot cheaper apps that out perform Omnifocus. Try a cheaper option. I keep downloading hoping it will be better but not yet.
    Thank you. Feel free to pm if you'd like .

Thanks!
    01-13-2016 12:24 AM
    I own it but like blackmagicwoman I haven't had success with it either. As a .Net developer my work is done on a Windows PC and omnifocus doesn't have a cross-platform option which would be a huge plus for me.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-13-2016 01:13 AM
    I own it but like blackmagicwoman I haven't had success with it either. As a .Net developer my work is done on a Windows PC and omnifocus doesn't have a cross-platform option which would be a huge plus for me.
    Thanks.

Any good alternatives then?
    01-13-2016 01:22 AM
    Thanks.

Any good alternatives then?
    I switched to Trello and I'm happy with it so far.
    blackmagicwoman and Trooper27 like this.
    01-13-2016 06:06 PM
    Hi folks,

Been testing out a bunch of task managers the past few months.

-Fantastical
    - Things
    -Gtasks
    -Todoist
    -Evernote
    -2do

Just to name a few. There are things that I like and also dislike about each one, so just wanted to start a conversation regarding this topic.

I hear so many good things about Omnifocus. But is it worth the 40 dollar price tag? Or are there other apps etc I should be looking at?

Thanks!
    TickTick is a great app, as well as Wunderlist I don't know what your looking to do but TickTick is a little more powerful than Todoist and Wunderlist is a great app if your not trying to manage and organize multiple complex projects
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-28-2016 12:25 AM
    I feel as though Omnifocus is way overpriced. There's other apps that do as well for free or less than $5. The only app I've spent more than $5 on is 1Password, which I got for $9.99. I won't pay that much again for any app.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    01-28-2016 10:06 AM
    I'm trying to avoid subscription related apps. But at the moment this app is out of the question for me anyway due to cash flow.
    01-28-2016 11:23 PM