Looking to forward emails to contact groups

Needkeys

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know of a good app/email client that enables one to FORWARD previously received emails to a contact group (by entering only the group name in the "to" field rather than manually entering each individual email addresses)? There are some apps that enable you to create a new email to a group from within the app, but I'm having a tough time finding an app that offers the forward functionality.

MailshotPro used to be the gold standard with this, but apparently there have been some changes to iOS 9 that have made emailing to groups much more difficult. As a result, MailshotPro now requires a cut and paste step that makes it much more tedious to use. I could always create a note with different email address groups and then copy/paste from the note into the email "to" field, but that seems equally as tedious. I have read that AltaMail may offer this, but am not sure.

Anyone know of anything to accomplish the forward-to-group function?

Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Set up a group in your contacts. There's apps that do that. Then you can enter the group in the "to" on the email. I use SA Contacts to create my groups. There's others.
SA Contacts - Export/Import contacts to/from Excel by Sam Yu
https://appsto.re/us/hwXMw.i

My groups in contacts.
5783a7edc57423a5c011994ff27244a1.901521

And entering Family on email.

df1228ae6068a4ee4c06a6eeb305c2ca.859199

Needkeys

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! This works for you whether you're creating a new email or forwarding an email you've already received? If so, that may be the solution I'm looking for.

Needkeys

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Looks like SA contacts is an import/export tool to bring contacts into the iPhone via excel. I should have mentioned I have a dedicated exchange server and have my contacts (and mail, calendar and notes) on my device via ActiveSync. Not sure if that really matters if SA can still enable me to work with the contacts locally on the device and create/use the groups as you describe (I don't need the groups to sync back to outlook on my server as they already exist there...it's just that activesync does not support contact groups).

Thanks again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Looks like SA contacts is an import/export tool to bring contacts into the iPhone via excel. I should have mentioned I have a dedicated exchange server and have my contacts (and mail, calendar and notes) on my device via ActiveSync. Not sure if that really matters if SA can still enable me to work with the contacts locally on the device and create/use the groups as you describe (I don't need the groups to sync back to outlook on my server as they already exist there...it's just that activesync does not support contact groups).

Thanks again.

I don't even use a computer at all. I got the app free. Found I could create groups. Don't use it for anything else. There's other apps that offer group creation.
This one looks good. It's 99 cents.
Address Book Plus by Walczak and Walczak LLC
https://appsto.re/us/aYYZr.i

Last edited:

Needkeys

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I will take a look at both. There are definitely a bunch of contact apps that enable group creation. The only problem with all the ones I've seen is that they only allow you to send a new email from within the app itself...they don't integrate with the native mail client so that you can forward emails you've already received. So, if I run an ad campaign and receive web leads that need to get forwarded to different sales teams, it gets very tough because I then have to copy/paste the sales lead into the "new" email I create from within the group app. I'm hoping I can find one that enables group creation, and then the ability to use the group name in the to field of an email I'm forwarding...not a new email. Frankly, it's a bit surprising that Apple hasn't developed this into their native contact and email clients...especially as they seek deeper penetration into the business space.

Thanks again for the help. I'll take a look at both of these (as well as AltaMail, which I keep reading good things about but am not positive it does what I need).

Needkeys

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately none of these apps -- or others that offer the ability to create contact groups -- offer the group communication function I'm looking for. Some of the apps enable you to create a NEW email to a contact group, but none of them allow you to go into mail, select a previously received email, and FORWARD that email to a contact group. AltaMail does allow this, but I don't see that AltaMail has push for email.

It's unreal to me. Android, Windows and Blackberry all have contact group email communication -- both for new emails and for forwarding existing emails -- baked into their operating systems. No apps required. iOS is the only operating system that does not offer this, and it also seems there are no iOS apps that offer this (again, for FORWARDING emails). With Apple, you have to manually enter each address if you want to forward an email to a group.

How can a business whose workflow involves forwarding sales leads or forwarding any other form of email communication to external business teams use iOS? It can't. If Apple is serious about capturing more of the business market share, it needs to offer group email communications.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately none of these apps -- or others that offer the ability to create contact groups -- offer the group communication function I'm looking for. Some of the apps enable you to create a NEW email to a contact group, but none of them allow you to go into mail, select a previously received email, and FORWARD that email to a contact group. AltaMail does allow this, but I don't see that AltaMail has push for email.

It's unreal to me. Android, Windows and Blackberry all have contact group email communication -- both for new emails and for forwarding existing emails -- baked into their operating systems. No apps required. iOS is the only operating system that does not offer this, and it also seems there are no iOS apps that offer this (again, for FORWARDING emails). With Apple, you have to manually enter each address if you want to forward an email to a group.

How can a business whose workflow involves forwarding sales leads or forwarding any other form of email communication to external business teams use iOS? It can't. If Apple is serious about capturing more of the business market share, it needs to offer group email communications.

That's odd, because the Family group I created with SA Contacts works fine with forwarded email in the stock Mail app.
As you can see the group here.

72adbc7faa222cd7511b2ecfba96ed54.371765