Questions about 1Password...

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I've been a satisfied LastPass user for the last 5 years... and I still am.
However, I've never been a fan of the outdated web interface.
Also, I kinda miss the ability to add application specific accounts (so that for example when I log into my Instagram or Skype app on my iPhone... my password manager would automatically log in), an option a few other password managers do have.

Now I have been looking around, and came across 2 password managers; StickyPassword and 1Password.
My first choice was StickyPassword, but I found out the main reason why I would switch from LastPass to StickyPassword (application account, as described above) isn't supported in the current iOS/OS X versions!
So there goes my first choice for StickyPassword. :(
-------
Now I'm thinking about giving 1Password a try...
I first want to know though;

- How is the application account integrated?
Does it work well, and how difficult is it to add apps?
- Does password sync work across all devices?
And do I have to be on wifi for this, or would a 4G connection on my iPhone also work to connect to their servers?
- How safe are my passwords, are they encrypted?
And can I add fingerprint security on iOS (through my iPhone 6S)?
Can I also add Authy as a second layer to make sure no-one hacks into my 1Password account?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think 1Password would satisfy all your wants and needs. Very secure and easy to use. Mine syncs with Dropbox. Their customer service and support is second to none. I like I can open the 1Password app with Touch ID.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think you'd be happy with 1Password. Application integration is very good, Touch ID works well and passwords are secure.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been a satisfied LastPass user for the last 5 years... and I still am.
However, I've never been a fan of the outdated web interface.
Also, I kinda miss the ability to add application specific accounts (so that for example when I log into my Instagram or Skype app on my iPhone... my password manager would automatically log in), an option a few other password managers do have.

Now I have been looking around, and came across 2 password managers; StickyPassword and 1Password.
My first choice was StickyPassword, but I found out the main reason why I would switch from LastPass to StickyPassword (application account, as described above) isn't supported in the current iOS/OS X versions!
So there goes my first choice for StickyPassword. :(
-------
Now I'm thinking about giving 1Password a try...
I first want to know though;

- How is the application account integrated?
It's integrated quite well and works seamlessly with it OS X counterpart.
Does it work well, and how difficult is it to add apps?
In my opinion, it works quite well. Having said that, what do you mean how difficult is it to add apps?
-
Does password sync work across all devices?
Yes, via iCloud or Dropbox.
And do I have to be on wifi for this, or would a 4G connection on my iPhone also work to connect to their servers?
1Password works via Wi-Fi or cellular data. Both options are enabled by default, I think.
-
How safe are my passwords, are they encrypted?
They are as safe as can be expected and yes, your data is encrypted.
And can I add fingerprint security on iOS (through my iPhone 6S)?
Yes
Can I also add Authy as a second layer to make sure no-one hacks into my 1Password account?
To access your data via the app, someone would have to know your passcode or use your fingerprint. Additional perks are as follows:

1. You can set it so the app stays unlocked for a time period or have it auto-lock when you exit the app.
2. You can set the amount of time before it clears the clipboard.
3. Integrated browser and auto-login feature
4. Tons of website specific icons
5. Greatly supported

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I have 1Password up and running perfectly!

But... for some reason it doesn't auto-login to websites.
Have I forgotten about something??

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have 1Password up and running perfectly!

But... for some reason it doesn't auto-login to websites.
Have I forgotten about something??

I'm glad you went with 1Password. After using other password managers I've been quite happy with 1Password for the last few years.
As far as auto login is concerned, you'll need to use the share button in Safari and tap on the 1Password share extension. From there you can access 1Password with TouchID and then it should detect the web site and fill in the username and password for you. Unless I'm mistaken, keychain is the only option if you want password to fill in automatically when you open a web page.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have switched Keychain on months ago... and I already have 1Password connected to 'share'.

Same issue with Safari on OS X, it doesn't auto-login.

- I like 1Password much better than LastPass (that I used for the last few years), but if auto-login doesn't work... than I will probably go back again.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have switched Keychain on months ago... and I already have 1Password connected to 'share'.

Same issue with Safari on OS X, it doesn't auto-login.

- I like 1Password much better than LastPass (that I used for the last few years), but if auto-login doesn't work... than I will probably go back again.

Auto login works for me. Setup the shared extension in safari and enable 1Password.

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have installed the browser extension in Safari OS X...
I assume the shared extension that you're mentioning is something different?
(otherwise I don't know what I'm doing wrong)

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I will tell you guys what I have done so far (talking about OS X here, not iOS);

I downloaded 1Password 5 through the website and installed the browser extension.
I also have iCloud keychain activated...

On my iMac when I go to a website where I need to login, first I need to click on the 1Password icon (in Safari task bar) and than I need to click on the 'login'.
Is it possible to immediately login to a website when I visit, without having to click the 1Password icon??
(LastPass did it automatically as soon as I got to the website)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I will tell you guys what I have done so far (talking about OS X here, not iOS);

I downloaded 1Password 5 through the website and installed the browser extension.
I also have iCloud keychain activated...

On my iMac when I go to a website where I need to login, first I need to click on the 1Password icon (in Safari task bar) and than I need to click on the 'login'.
Is it possible to immediately login to a website when I visit, without having to click the 1Password icon??
(LastPass did it automatically as soon as I got to the website)

I don't use 1Password on a computer yet. But if you're still having issues, try emailing Agilebits. They're great!
support@agilebits.com
They also have a forum you can join and ask questions there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro