Simple photo management app?

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I see quite a few photo vault style apps out there that allow you to secure or hide your photos behind a password, but what about just a simple management app?

Right now I'm using Apple's standard photo management with the camera roll, photo stream and any other folders that I care to create. What I don't like is that all the photos I take are really being held in the camera roll even if I point to them in another folder.

What I'd like to do is actually save photos to other folders and then delete them from the camera role. I don't want to have to mess with additional passwords in order to do it (I don't need them hidden.)

Does anyone know if an app exists to do this?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use OneDrive to store many photos and I have it secured with TouchID. You can always set it to not require a password. Dropbox works in the same fashion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You should know that the photos showing in 2 places do not take twice the storage space. That said, for non cloud photo storage app, I recommend MyPhoto. It has a lot of nice features. Create albums and album groups. It's nice.
For cloud based photo storage, there's Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. I like Box the best.

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
You should know that the photos showing in 2 places do not take twice the storage space. That said, for non cloud photo storage app, I recommend MyPhoto. It has a lot of nice features. Create albums and album groups. It's nice.
For cloud based photo storage, there's Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. I like Box the best.

Thanks for the info. I do realize that the photos showing in two places don't take twice the storage, but it would still be good to clean up the camera role.

I checked out MyPhoto and it looks like it would do the job, but one of the reviews mentioned that it changes all the photo creation dates to the date they're moved into the app. If that's still the case it wouldn't be good at all. Is that correct? The App Store indicates it hasn't been updated since December of last year.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I do realize that the photos showing in two places don't take twice the storage, but it would still be good to clean up the camera role.

I checked out MyPhoto and it looks like it would do the job, but one of the reviews mentioned that it changes all the photo creation dates to the date they're moved into the app. If that's still the case it wouldn't be good at all. Is that correct? The App Store indicates it hasn't been updated since December of last year.

It works great on my phone. I've had it on my home screen 3+ years. I just uploaded a photo I took at the hospital 11-12-15 to MyPhoto. Here's part of the EXIF data within MyPhoto.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448677240.207159.jpg

You can see the date did not change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73