what weather app?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, pretty new to iOS here and looking for some suggestions for a good weather app. If anyone is familiar with the Android world, I used Beautiful Widgets over there for weather tied into Weather Underground for the actual weather. Beweather2 sounded similar (changing themes, uses Weather Underground, etc.) but I was about to purchase and read a number of reviews about it having problems updating the weather accurately. Actually saw comments in the reviews recommending Dark Sky but that has some odd reviews too.

So I'm not really sure what to try. The stock weather app is ok, but not something I'd prefer to use. I'm currently using the free version of Weather Underground (read that the paid version has problems knowing it was paid for between devices, clean reinstalls, etc.)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, BeWeather 2 is great. You're reading our beta testing of the app. I love it. I have a custom iconset I created myself. I call it Bama Weather.
9bc49f1184d27e775c3e18a689e47045.jpg

182e98c1ce320d1cc098d7441e31df0f.jpg

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
The Weather Network is great. Very accurate temp, and especially the feels like temp.

I like the widget on BeWeather but unfortunately the feels like data from weather underground is way off and not very accurate. I wish BeWeather had more sources to get weather data from.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
No, BeWeather 2 is great. You're reading our beta testing of the app. I love it. I have a custom iconset I created myself. I call it Bama Weather.

People put beta testing reviews on the App Store version? Sorry if I wasn't clear about where I was reading reviews at :) The custom icons is one of the big things that drew me to look at BeWeather 2 because that app that I mentioned I used on Android had tons of custom weather icon sets you could download.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
People put beta testing reviews on the App Store version? Sorry if I wasn't clear about where I was reading reviews at :) The custom icons is one of the big things that drew me to look at BeWeather 2 because that app that I mentioned I used on Android had tons of custom weather icon sets you could download.

I thought you meant here on the BeWeather thread. I haven't seen reviews in the App Store. Many issues have been fixed. It's working ok for me. There should be another update soon.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
BeWeather should definitely be on your list for weather. It's about as comprehensive as it gets and provides weather info in a clear way that is useful.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
+1 for BeWeather. Haven't tried BeWeather2 yet but heard that was good as well.

I think I only saw BeWeather2 in the store so I assume I can't get the original anymore? Anyway, based on the recommendations for it here I'm going to go ahead with my original plan and go with it. Those reviews in the App Store just had me second guessing whether I was about to make a weather app mistake...............................

ok yeah that was cheesy bad but you all laughed ;)

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
ive had problems with my purchased beweather 2 ive even emailed and asked for help on the be weather thread and got NOTHING my temp at times reads 10 degrees difference it even forcasted chance of snow..... was 50 degrees :-X so ive gone on search for different weather app.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
ive had problems with my purchased beweather 2 ive even emailed and asked for help on the be weather thread and got NOTHING my temp at times reads 10 degrees difference it even forcasted chance of snow..... was 50 degrees :-X so ive gone on search for different weather app.

A couple things on BeWeather 2:
1. The app (and temp badge) update so often, I believe it's 30 minutes (or an hour but I could be confusing things with how often the watch can update), so it's going to be off at times. You also need to make sure background refresh is on and app is granted access to location. You also don't want to force quit the application.
2. The weather is pulled from Weather Underground, so if it's off, that's where the source is. I'd be curious to see screenshots of the 50 degree snow forecast though!

I downloaded Carrott Weather yesterday. Seems fun, but time will tell how well it does for actual weather usefulness. The Apple Watch complications look good, and the art is fun! I think BeWeather does a better job at displaying more info though.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I use BeWeather and Dark Sky on the phone but use Carrot Premium only for its watch complication. All three apps have watch apps, carrot is the only one that updates accurately and displays it properly with minimal user interaction. However it's iPhone app is sorta goofy looking so I prefer the other two apps for checking weather on my phone. But all 3 are worth the money.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

He's working on it. The temp badge info isn't being pushed as it should. I expect the next update to fix it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73