How can I make a video review of a product?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have never done this before, I am going to get a new laptop the next week hopefully and want to make a video review of it.

Now during the video, let's say after unboxing it, I don't want to shoot the part where I am setting up the computer and whatnot, I just want to show the benchmarks for example after they have been performed.

Coming from an Android Galaxy S6 edge+, when you hit the stop on the video camera it doesn't pause the video recording but stops it so if I were to continue from where I left off, I can't and would have to make a new video for each section that I want to put in the video review. The only suggestion I got from Android Central was to combine all those videos together after shooting them all which is a lot of work. If I was able to simply shoot the video, then pause, then continue, that would be great.

I just got an iPhone 6S and have only used an iPhone 6 last year for about 2 weeks so I am a iOS n00bie you could say.

Is there a way to do this? as in, to pause the video? or what do you suggest?

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you'll be using to record it but one suggestion I would think to be is you could either record everything, then edit out what you don't want. Or whenever you want to end a segment, let it record for say an extra, 15-30 seconds and use that as a marker so you can end the segment where you want it to.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you'll be using to record it but one suggestion I would think to be is you could either record everything, then edit out what you don't want. Or whenever you want to end a segment, let it record for say an extra, 15-30 seconds and use that as a marker so you can end the segment where you want it to.

I'll be using my iPhone 6S

so there is no pause function in the video camera heh?

acedzero

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not that I know of, but I'm not sure why you would need such a function. Unless you're gonna be exactly in the same spot when you resume, I would imagine it would look a little funny. Personally I'd use transitions in between segments but that's just me.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of, but I'm not sure why you would need such a function. Unless you're gonna be exactly in the same spot when you resume, I would imagine it would look a little funny. Personally I'd use transitions in between segments but that's just me.

does the built in iMovie app allow you to combine videos easily and text / or transitions between the clips?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro