I have never done this before, I am going to get a new laptop the next week hopefully and want to make a video review of it.

Now during the video, let's say after unboxing it, I don't want to shoot the part where I am setting up the computer and whatnot, I just want to show the benchmarks for example after they have been performed.

Coming from an Android Galaxy S6 edge+, when you hit the stop on the video camera it doesn't pause the video recording but stops it so if I were to continue from where I left off, I can't and would have to make a new video for each section that I want to put in the video review. The only suggestion I got from Android Central was to combine all those videos together after shooting them all which is a lot of work. If I was able to simply shoot the video, then pause, then continue, that would be great.

I just got an iPhone 6S and have only used an iPhone 6 last year for about 2 weeks so I am a iOS n00bie you could say.

Is there a way to do this? as in, to pause the video? or what do you suggest?
    11-08-2015 06:54 PM
    I don't know what you'll be using to record it but one suggestion I would think to be is you could either record everything, then edit out what you don't want. Or whenever you want to end a segment, let it record for say an extra, 15-30 seconds and use that as a marker so you can end the segment where you want it to.
    11-09-2015 09:55 AM
    I don't know what you'll be using to record it but one suggestion I would think to be is you could either record everything, then edit out what you don't want. Or whenever you want to end a segment, let it record for say an extra, 15-30 seconds and use that as a marker so you can end the segment where you want it to.
    I'll be using my iPhone 6S

so there is no pause function in the video camera heh?
    11-09-2015 02:38 PM
    Not that I know of, but I'm not sure why you would need such a function. Unless you're gonna be exactly in the same spot when you resume, I would imagine it would look a little funny. Personally I'd use transitions in between segments but that's just me.
    11-09-2015 02:43 PM
    Not that I know of, but I'm not sure why you would need such a function. Unless you're gonna be exactly in the same spot when you resume, I would imagine it would look a little funny. Personally I'd use transitions in between segments but that's just me.
    does the built in iMovie app allow you to combine videos easily and text / or transitions between the clips?
    11-09-2015 07:11 PM
    I've only used it once but any basic video editing software should. Maybe try a couple of test movies and see?
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-09-2015 07:26 PM