Anyone use Tweetbot 4? I have several problems with it.

bsabiston

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
First of all I've tried contacting Tapbots several times about this and they just won't answer their email. Lousy customer service.

So, I am not able to access the "Details" screen of a user. In the old version you could tap the gear icon, then "View Details", and it would show you this secondary screen with the user's name in a grey bar. This screen always seemed useless to me, but you tap the person's name and THEN you actually get the user's page, where you can see their details, unfollow them, etc.

In Tweetbots 4, if I choose "View Details" on a tweet, I just get a screen with the same tweet. There is no way to get to that profile page. Tapping the gear icon just gives me the same menu. So what does the "View Details" option actually do in the new Tweetbot?

More importantly how do I get to the profile page of a tweet's user?

The other problem I have is that using the "Share" button to email myself a tweet frequently does not work. I tap 'Mail' and it just doesn't open a mail window. Sometimes that will work though, so I assume it is just a bug. The other thing I mentioned above never works.

Also when I swipe to view a conversation, it often will not show any previous tweets, even though if I do the same thing in the old Tweetbot, they are there. It seems really buggy, at least on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

Thanks
Bob

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Bob!

First, to see the profile, tap their avatar/icon. It will take you directly to their profile.

For the mail part, mine works fine. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Profile works for me.
004670ce9bf50a9ac5f6069470d3d57f.jpg

bsabiston

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Did you get that by tapping the avatar picture or the gear menu, then View Details? I can get to the profile by tapping the picture, so I'll just forget about that gear menu.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you get that by tapping the avatar picture or the gear menu, then View Details? I can get to the profile by tapping the picture, so I'll just forget about that gear menu.

I tapped in mentions. You can bring up details first, and then tap the avatar. Or go straight for the avatar. I really like the split view in landscape.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods