First of all I've tried contacting Tapbots several times about this and they just won't answer their email. Lousy customer service.

So, I am not able to access the "Details" screen of a user. In the old version you could tap the gear icon, then "View Details", and it would show you this secondary screen with the user's name in a grey bar. This screen always seemed useless to me, but you tap the person's name and THEN you actually get the user's page, where you can see their details, unfollow them, etc.

In Tweetbots 4, if I choose "View Details" on a tweet, I just get a screen with the same tweet. There is no way to get to that profile page. Tapping the gear icon just gives me the same menu. So what does the "View Details" option actually do in the new Tweetbot?

More importantly how do I get to the profile page of a tweet's user?

The other problem I have is that using the "Share" button to email myself a tweet frequently does not work. I tap 'Mail' and it just doesn't open a mail window. Sometimes that will work though, so I assume it is just a bug. The other thing I mentioned above never works.

Also when I swipe to view a conversation, it often will not show any previous tweets, even though if I do the same thing in the old Tweetbot, they are there. It seems really buggy, at least on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

Thanks
    Bob
    11-06-2015 02:52 PM
    Welcome to iMore, Bob!

First, to see the profile, tap their avatar/icon. It will take you directly to their profile.

For the mail part, mine works fine. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app?
    11-06-2015 03:24 PM
    Profile works for me.
    11-06-2015 03:29 PM
    Thanks -- tapping the picture works, I don't know why I never tried that!
    11-06-2015 03:32 PM
    Did you get that by tapping the avatar picture or the gear menu, then View Details? I can get to the profile by tapping the picture, so I'll just forget about that gear menu.
    11-06-2015 03:33 PM
    Did you get that by tapping the avatar picture or the gear menu, then View Details? I can get to the profile by tapping the picture, so I'll just forget about that gear menu.
    I tapped in mentions. You can bring up details first, and then tap the avatar. Or go straight for the avatar. I really like the split view in landscape.
    11-06-2015 03:54 PM
    Just tap the avatar
    11-06-2015 03:57 PM
    I use tweetbot from first version. But did not download version 4. Couse it looks like v3 and has no some features
    11-15-2015 08:29 AM
    I use tweetbot from first version. But did not download version 4. Couse it looks like v3 and has no some features
    It does have some new features. I like it in landscape with a split screen. It looks like this:
    11-15-2015 11:11 AM