Best Picture Editor to Use? - Especially one that has oil painting effect

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I've got my new 6s+ & I'm looking to get a new picture/image editor. I'm especially looking for one that has the "oil painting" effect available. I'm fine with either paid or free apps, just not subscription apps. It would be for moderate to advanced editing, not quick, light editing.

Which one would you guys suggest?

Thanks!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
PhotoShop (paid) - industry leader, brilliant UI, and lots of free tutorials on web/youtube
GIMP (for free) - this is a very powerful free package that can do nearly everything. UI needs playing around to get used to.

There's a photoshop for iOS but I'm not a fan. Never seen gimp for iOS but I have used the desktop version.

For iOS, Snapseed is by far my favorite (I've tried a bunch) but I don't see an oil painting effect in there. You can probably mix one up. Free, too :)

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey robertk328 --- Thanks for your thoughts. Yea, I looked at PhotoShop for iOS & wasn't impressed at all (I was expecting more from them)

Thanks Again

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome!

I looked through the app store and there are a bunch of results for "oil painting". Most are free, maybe browse the features and try some?

I'd still recommend Snapseed for editing though :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's a photoshop for iOS but I'm not a fan. Never seen gimp for iOS but I have used the desktop version.

For iOS, Snapseed is by far my favorite (I've tried a bunch) but I don't see an oil painting effect in there. You can probably mix one up. Free, too :)

You ever try Leonardo Photo Editor?

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Adobe Photoshop disappoints. I tried Snapseed and Enlight and I really like those. I have about 10 photo editing apps and the two above are my favorites. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73