How do I make the "Remind me at location" function of my Reminders app work?

I

iMore Question

I go to the store and expect to get my grocery list texted to me be the Reminders app. In the Reminders app I set the location and toggle to switch so that it turns green, but nothing happens but my short list doesn't appear when I arrive at my destination. What am I doing wrong. I want this app to work. It would be extremely useful to me.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is a good idea and you have to have the location services turned on for sure and underneath that of course have the reminders app ticked to the on position. it should then work, Location services on and have the reminders app on. Also make sure you have the address of where you are going accurate as well.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
How do I make the "Remind me at location" function of my Reminders app work?

Welcome to iMore! I find that some destinations just don't work well. For example, it worked great at my old office but refuses to work at my new office. If I pull up the map and have it remind me at a coordinate right above the destination it's more reliable than using the address.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've entered it with Siri, "remind me when I get home to XYZ". When I get home it doesn't do it but I remember anyway.
The next day I get a pop-up, "remember XYZ!"

So it's not perfect but does work most of the time.

How are you setting it up? I don't know that I've ever had it being up a list but I have used it a bunch of times by telling Siri to do something when I get home or work.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used that in over a year. It worked then though. I reminded myself of a few grocery items while at the market. I'll have to check it out again.