Hi all,

I know this one has been done to death but I have a weird problem with Facebook push notifications. I have them set to on in the Facebook app, and also in Notification Center.

My problem is that I am unable to receive push notifications for comments, posts on my timeline and group comments only. All other push notifications for Facebook work as they should, tags and birthdays for example.

When I try to check the above push notifications in Facebook's settings, the page just refreshes and the items stay unchecked. It's like there is a weird glitch with the app itself. This behaviour is on both iPhone and iPad making me think it is a problem on Facebook's end.

I know Facebook is notorious for being a glitchy app on iOS, but I used to have an iPhone 4 years ago and it worked perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts?
    Vanessa Pinter likes this.
    11-01-2015 03:42 PM
    Is the app designed to provide notifications for comments, posts, and group comments?
    11-01-2015 04:41 PM
    Fb doesn't have push for every comment etc ..
    It pushes of you are tagged anything else will pop up as a badge icon but no alert .. It's a fb thing they suck lol
    11-01-2015 05:07 PM
    Facebook push notifications problem-imoreappimg_20151101_225935.jpg

Please see attached 👍🏻
    11-01-2015 05:59 PM
    It does have push for every comment, they are just broken. It works on my wife's Note and the app is virtually identical. It also worked when I had an iPhone a few years back. Obviously Facebook have introduced a few bugs since.
    11-01-2015 06:02 PM
    Exact same issue here. All facebook notifications work except the ones you're having issues with.

My settings are correct, I know this 100% because the notifications we just fine before and I've changed nothing.
    Keith Morris likes this.
    11-04-2015 05:02 PM
    Exact same issue here. All facebook notifications work except the ones you're having issues with.

My settings are correct, I know this 100% because the notifications we just fine before and I've changed nothing.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. I'm not quite sure if it is the app, or Facebook's servers that are causing the problem.
    11-04-2015 08:13 PM
    New update released today has fixed my notifications. Version 43.0.
    11-05-2015 07:54 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iMoreAppImg_20151101_225935.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	97115

Please see attached
    Hey, I know this is a couple months old but how did you get those options to show up? I can't get them to show up for me. I get every Facebook notification imaginable, aside from Friend Requests. It's driving me bonkers. Looks like there should be an option for me to choose it, but I can't get to that option. Thanks.
    02-05-2016 02:23 PM
    Hey, I know this is a couple months old but how did you get those options to show up? I can't get them to show up for me. I get every Facebook notification imaginable, aside from Friend Requests. It's driving me bonkers. Looks like there should be an option for me to choose it, but I can't get to that option. Thanks.
    The app has several updates since this post, but if you go into Facebook, on the bottom right of the pane you will see three horizontal lines.
    Click that and go into account settings and notifications, then mobile. That will display what push notifications you will receive from Facebook.

My notifications work a lot better these days, so I'm assuming my problem was account or server related.
    02-05-2016 02:29 PM
    The app has several updates since this post, but if you go into Facebook, on the bottom right of the pane you will see three horizontal lines.
    Click that and go into account settings and notifications, then mobile. That will display what push notifications you will receive from Facebook.

My notifications work a lot better these days, so I'm assuming my problem was account or server related.

This is all that shows up on my end. No way to select which notifications I can turn off and on. It's driving me insane.
    02-05-2016 02:30 PM
    That's exactly right, you have all push notifications turned on.

Have you tried looking in the iPhone settings under notifications? Sometimes they are off by default.
    02-05-2016 02:35 PM
    Sorry just read your post again, it's just friend requests that you're not receiving? Strange?
    02-05-2016 02:37 PM
    Sorry just read your post again, it's just friend requests that you're not receiving? Strange?
    Yeah. Those are the only ones not coming in. I get pretty much everything. All the time. Event invites. Comments. Tags. Even when someone accepts my friend request. But NEVER when someone sends me a friend request.
    02-05-2016 10:44 PM
    Yeah. Those are the only ones not coming in. I get pretty much everything. All the time. Event invites. Comments. Tags. Even when someone accepts my friend request. But NEVER when someone sends me a friend request.
    Have you tried logging on from a desktop and checking your Facebook notification settings? It may be turned off from there?
    02-05-2016 11:33 PM
    Have you tried logging on from a desktop and checking your Facebook notification settings? It may be turned off from there?
    Yeah. I can't see anything there either. It's really strange and very annoying.
    02-06-2016 08:20 AM
    Yeah. I can't see anything there either. It's really strange and very annoying.
    Hmm, I'm fresh out of ideas I'm afraid. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.
    My notifications just started working one day and they been fine ever since. However, it will probably happen again as Facebook have a habit of breaking things.

Hope you get it sorted! 😀
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    02-06-2016 08:25 AM
    Hmm, I'm fresh out of ideas I'm afraid. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.
    My notifications just started working one day and they been fine ever since. However, it will probably happen again as Facebook have a habit of breaking things.

Hope you get it sorted!
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm fresh out of ideas too!! It's very annoying and I can't find any answers from Facebook. Hopefully they'll reappear sometime soon!
    02-06-2016 08:26 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...276716ab14.jpg

This is all that shows up on my end. No way to select which notifications I can turn off and on. It's driving me insane.
    Log on in Safari and press the backward looping arrow next to the search bar for desktop view. Then go to the top right and tap on the caret for the drop down. Choose Settings> Notifications. You'll find it.
    02-06-2016 03:29 PM
    Log on in Safari and press the backward looping arrow next to the search bar for desktop view. Then go to the top right and tap on the caret for the drop down. Choose Settings> Notifications. You'll find it.
    I'm not finding what you're talking about. Can you screenshot something for me so I can check it out? Thanks!
    02-06-2016 03:48 PM
    I got to the notification page in Safari. But I don't see where I can select specific notifications.
    02-06-2016 04:07 PM
    I fixed my Facebook notification issue by using the Friendly+ app instead.
    02-06-2016 05:07 PM
    I got to the notification page in Safari. But I don't see where I can select specific notifications.
    After tapping Notifications, tap edit to the right of email.

02-06-2016 05:41 PM
    I fixed my Facebook notification issue by using the Friendly+ app instead.
    I tried that. Still didn't get the friend requests. It's really weird because it's only limited to those. I get absolutely everything else.
    02-06-2016 06:15 PM
    I tried that. Still didn't get the friend requests. It's really weird because it's only limited to those. I get absolutely everything else.
    I would just check it a couple times a day. And send a report to Facebook often about it.
    02-06-2016 06:30 PM
40 12