Facebook push notifications problem

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I got to the notification page in Safari. But I don't see where I can select specific notifications.

After tapping Notifications, tap edit to the right of email.

bdd2dcf02f6eef1f4afc6239718c0107.jpg

fc6500673a547a408421fef2807e096f.jpg

098bd2f26c1f83dbc636a2f91dc6096c.jpg

b9306c7d0473e32fc202dac8bfbd6182.jpg

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would just check it a couple times a day. And send a report to Facebook often about it.

Thanks for the info from earlier. That's for email notifications, though. I can get those to work. But there's nowhere for granular controls of the mobile notifications. There used to be, but it's been removed for some reason.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info from earlier. That's for email notifications, though. I can get those to work. But there's nowhere for granular controls of the mobile notifications. There used to be, but it's been removed for some reason.

Yeah, I recall that now. Odd.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I recall that now. Odd.

Yeah, it is definitely strange. And I came from Android and the Facebook Android app still gives the more granular controls of their notifications - where you can choose specifically what kind of notifications you want just on your phone. The iOS app has removed that for some reason. It's like something got stuck somewhere in the Matrix and doesn't alert me of friend requests. I tried the Friendly app, too, and it still doesn't alert me of friend requests. It's weird.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it is definitely strange. And I came from Android and the Facebook Android app still gives the more granular controls of their notifications - where you can choose specifically what kind of notifications you want just on your phone. The iOS app has removed that for some reason. It's like something got stuck somewhere in the Matrix and doesn't alert me of friend requests. I tried the Friendly app, too, and it still doesn't alert me of friend requests. It's weird.

I don't think it's the app. If it were, you could do it in Safari or in the Friendly+ client. It has to be in the account itself.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's the app. If it were, you could do it in Safari or in the Friendly+ client. It has to be in the account itself.

Yeah. I think they somehow turned it off on me. I dunno. Always worked on my Android phones because I could specifically turn it on. I hope they just bring that back to the iOS app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I think they somehow turned it off on me. I dunno. Always worked on my Android phones because I could specifically turn it on. I hope they just bring that back to the iOS app.

It's sad their customer service is so horrible. It's like no support at all.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Sweet mother!! I fixed it!! I randomly read online that Chrome notifications can cause mobile notifications to not work. I had turned them on my work computer. Turned those off and bam! It works again!!

Keith Morris

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Are the notifications set up in the Facebook Settings, as well as in the phone's Settings?

Yes, all settings are the same. Push notifications have been working for a few months now. They just stopped yesterday. I can only assume a problem on facebook's end, but they work on my iPad?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, all settings are the same. Push notifications have been working for a few months now. They just stopped yesterday. I can only assume a problem on facebook's end, but they work on my iPad?

I only have Facebook notifications set to show in my pull down notification center. I don't like a lot of notifications. It becomes too annoying. I usually check Facebook a few times each day. I can see the notifications then. But mine do show in the Notification Center. It's possible Facebook lost permissions for notifications. Try this:

1. Delete the Facebook app.
2. Do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
3. Go to settings and set date and time ahead a day
4. Turn the device off again et turn it back
5. Install Facebook again and It'll ask for notification permission like the first time you installed It.
*Reset time and date.
This will reset the notification settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox