I am wondering if someone can help me with a periodic problem I Have getting the audio from Google Maps to come out thru my car speakers.

I listen to either music or podcasts from my iPhone 6s/iOS 9.1 every day. It is hooked up thru blue tooth. I Have a 2014 Toyota Highlander.

But then every now and then I use Google maps for directions. I bring up the map, get the directions, and start navigation But the sound does not come out of the phone or the car - the phone is connected in all ways via bluetooth, if I press bluetooth I get the last thing I Played though (music or podcast). I can't seem to get it to forget that and let the Good audio come thru. Today, I Never played podcast, music, or anything through the bluetooth before I started the navigation.

It seems the phone knows it's connected on bluetooth so it does not broadcast the audio thru its own speaker either. I know I could stop the car, disconnect the bluetooth handshake, but that's too much there must be something simple I am not doing correctly.

This only happens about half the time, so it is capable of working but there must be something I am doing wrong. Today car was running and phone was connected before I brought up Google maps and got the navigation started. Maybe I have to do things in another order?

Thanks!
    10-26-2015 08:42 PM
    Does it happen when navigating via Apple's Map app?
    10-26-2015 10:00 PM
    I have not used Apple Map in awhile. I seem to remember the same thing has happened with it as well though, on and off.
    10-27-2015 07:52 AM