Facebook background activity and battery

Daniel Broad

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Strangely I don't have this problem, but on my wife's phone Facebook is the worst offender by a mile.

I read somewhere it might be the auto play videos, and i do have that turned off.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
And to that end, Facebook has been deleted in favor of a Safari bookmarklet for some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
It is not just Facebook for me. The messenger app Line also runs long periods in the background, even with the refresh option turned off. Might be a problem with how iOS handles it possibly?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Strangely I don't have this problem, but on my wife's phone Facebook is the worst offender by a mile.

I read somewhere it might be the auto play videos, and i do have that turned off.
Same here. Facebook is sitting at a meager 5% over the last 7 days compared to Tapatalk's 42% on my phone. I haven't deactivated autoplay of videos but I honestly don't spend that much time on Facebook either. My wife, on the other hand, is a Facebook fanatic. I'll check her phone when I get home this afternoon.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So around 10:00 this morning I downloaded Paper and have been using it all day! Right now about 11 hrs later it has around 30 min screen time and 55 mins background. AND, I get notifications unlike using the mobile site.

I'd tried Paper before and uninstalled it because there isn't a setting to just see my Most Recent feed but after 11 hours of use, Paper ftw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234