Tweetbot problem

jman0829

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I purchased tweetbot a long time ago and I have enjoyed this great app for a while. Now I got worried because my app didn't get the latest update and for some reason it's not part of my purchased apps anymore and when I go to the App Store it tells me that I have to pay again. Am I missing something here? Is the new app a new thing and I have to pay again or this is some kind of glitch and problem that is affecting only my account?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I believe it's a new app. . . . Me personally, I will not pay for a Twitter app when I can use Twitter's app for free.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Tapbots is forcing users to pay again if Tweetbot 3 is not downloaded. I just restored my phone a few days ago and was able to download 3 back. It's no longer in my purchased list now. I think it's a sleazy move by Tapbots. Greedy!!

jman0829

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see.. That's exactly what I thought. I mean it's a great app and I don't have a problem with the price but I wasn't sure if it was a problem with my account or something like that.

Thank you all for the help!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I purchased tweetbot a long time ago and I have enjoyed this great app for a while. Now I got worried because my app didn't get the latest update and for some reason it's not part of my purchased apps anymore and when I go to the App Store it tells me that I have to pay again. Am I missing something here? Is the new app a new thing and I have to pay again or this is some kind of glitch and problem that is affecting only my account?

The App Store does not allow for "upgrade" pricing. So if the developer continues to update an existing app, the update is available to all who have the app, without additional cost. Of course, those updates are not "free" - they cost the developer time, effort, and sometimes they have to invest quite a bit of resources. In this case, the developer creates a new version (Tweetbot 3 vs Tweetbot 4)...

I have no problem paying for good software that I use regularly (daily/all day long). The developer deserves to be paid for their efforts. You may not like it, but this is how it works... and we all have to pay for things that we like/use/do.

I find it strange that people will pay $6 for a burger that fills them up one time, but want to complain about "having to" pay $4, $5 or $6 for an app that they use on a regular basis. The thing is, you don't have to pay for the update. You are free to continue using Tweetbot 3 for the price that you paid to get it however long ago you got it. But if you want the new updates, you have to pay for them.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem paying a developer for their app. They rebuilt this app from the ground up. They put in a lot of their time to make this app happen and they can't be just expected to give it away with no compensation. A lot of iPhone users have been waiting for this app.

It is a shame that the App Store does not allow for upgrade pricing, and hopefully we do see this feature in the future. For now, I have no problem paying the 50% off pricing that Tapbots is charging. If you want to purchase the app, I would take advantage of the limited time pricing before it goes up to its new price of $9.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
These guys are scammers. I can't believe that. Twitterrific is the way to go.
Tweetbot misses tweets from your followings on your timeline. I compared it to the official app. Twitterrific had exactly what you are supposed to have on your timeline minus the ads of course but Tweebot misses some.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
These guys are scammers. I can't believe that. Twitterrific is the way to go.
Tweetbot misses tweets from your followings on your timeline. I compared it to the official app. Twitterrific had exactly what you are supposed to have on your timeline minus the ads of course but Tweebot misses some.

For those that I follow, the mentions also show up in my timeline. If I get "mentioned" by someone that I don't follow, the odds are pretty high that it's not something that I necessarily care about, anyway. Those "mentions" are in another tab, exactly where I want the to be.

I don't see that as a problem - more line Tweetbot working the way I want it to.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Can't say it's been fixed. Doesn't show up for me. Reluctant to buy 4 because the features are meh. Looks the same, too. Might give Twitterific a shot.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This split screen is actually kind of cool!
60311740547c8d09a50b21e40a6bc78e.jpg

ararso

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I actually regret buying tweetbot 4 they added a few features changed some UI elements but I'm not happy with my purchase

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Contact Apple for a refund. You'll get your money back and be blocked from ever buying Tweetbot again.

http://www.imore.com/how-to-get-refund-itunes-app-store

I considered that at first, when I found out 3 was put back in my purchased list. But then I got to using it. And my Tweetbot launchers in the Notification Center go to the new app. I can go straight to my lists from the Notification Center.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: upgrade pricing for owners of Tweetbot 3, Tapbots is doing an ingenious thing by using the App Store's "complete my bundle" pricing as a way to give T3 owners a discounted price for Tweetbot 4. Read more about it at TechCrunch, but the basic idea is that once the regular App Store price goes up to $9.99 for Tweetbot 4, people who already own Tweetbot 3 will be able to upgrade at half price by using the bundle price option.

From TechCrunch:

Tweetbot 4.0 is now a universal app that works for both the iPhone and the iPad. It’s a new app in the App Store available for $9.99. But the app is on sale at $4.99 for now. Once the launch sale is over, Tapbots will create an Update Bundle in the App Store for existing Tweetbot users, letting you complete your bundle for $5. Pretty neat workaround as the App Store still doesn’t provide an upgrade pricing mechanism.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal