Best Twitter Client apps

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Probably Tweetbot, but it's been a while since I've used it.

Can't Tweet to hash tags from the hashtag feed in Tweetbot. Bought it, and deleted it within 15 minutes.

I still think the Official Twitter client is better than Tweetbot, especially with the kind of price difference we're talking about.

I don't mind paying for apps, but I feel ganked when the developers try too hard to bring value while being completely dumb about the basic usability of the apps.

You cannot live Tweet an event with Tweetbot for this reason, or follow a live feed while participating. You're constantly having to go back to your main Twitter Feed just to compose a tweet, which causes you to completely lose your place in the hashtag feed.

I found it unusable, since that's about the only reason I use twitter.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can't Tweet to hash tags from the hashtag feed in Tweetbot. Bought it, and deleted it within 15 minutes.

I still think the Official Twitter client is better than Tweetbot, especially with the kind of price difference we're talking about.

I don't mind paying for apps, but I feel ganked when the developers try too hard to bring value while being completely dumb about the basic usability of the apps.

You cannot live Tweet an event with Tweetbot for this reason, or follow a live feed while participating. You're constantly having to go back to your main Twitter Feed just to compose a tweet, which causes you to completely lose your place in the hashtag feed.

I often switched between the official Twitter app and Tweetbot, and before I disabled my Twitter accounts, I was probably on the official app more, even though I hated the ads.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That's not something I do much. I use both, but not because I have to. Tweetbot takes getting used to for sure. But I like the dark theme for my eyes and the split screen in landscape mode. I'm not a big hash tagger. I like that I can use my Tweetbot launcher in my notification center to go direct to my lists. I'm a list person. I have several.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's not something I do much. I use both, but not because I have to. Tweetbot takes getting used to for sure. But I like the dark theme for my eyes and the split screen in landscape mode. I'm not a big hash tagger. I like that I can use my Tweetbot launcher in my notification center to go direct to my lists. I'm a list person. I have several.

I'm glad you don't do it much. But like I said, it's useless for live tweeting or participating in those discussions. The Twitter first party client does this, because they understand, fully, how their service is used.

Millions of people do this on Twitter, so the fact that you don't is pretty much a non-factor.

That has nothing to do with a dark theme (useless aesthetics that have no impact on how you use the service, at all) or a learning curve. It's about taking a use case the service/official app embraces and making it borderline impossible in their expensive third party apps.

I'm sure the people live tweeting terrorist attacks want to bounce between screens and completely lost place in the stream as a result. Plus not having the hash tag automatically entered in the tweet compose window slows you down. Twitter is fast. This stuff is important.

And excuse me for being utterly tired of "I don't do that" being peddled as some quasi justification for a feature this fundamental to the use of the service (Twitter) being overlooked in one of the most expensive Twitter clients in the App Store.

I didn't call the app bad. I simply said it was useless because of that overlooked feature. I can look through a live feed and none of the people live tweet use Tweetbot because of much of a PITA it is compared to Twitter for iOS. You can't learn feature additions into apps, and this is impossible to get used to.

Lists have nothing to do with it. I'm talking about actually tweeting and keeping track of one discussion under a hash tag. Not looking at a bunch of consolidated tweets in a list. The two aren't even the same thing, or close to the same thing.

The official app does Lists well enough. I have a few.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you don't do it much. But like I said, it's useless for live tweeting or participating in those discussions. The Twitter first party client does this, because they understand, fully, how their service is used.

Millions of people do this on Twitter, so the fact that you don't is pretty much a non-factor.

That has nothing to do with a dark theme (useless aesthetics that have no impact on how you use the service, at all) or a learning curve. It's about taking a use case the service/official app embraces and making it borderline impossible in their expensive third party apps.

I'm sure the people live tweeting terrorist attacks want to bounce between screens and completely lost place in the stream as a result. Plus not having the hash tag automatically entered in the tweet compose window slows you down. Twitter is fast. This stuff is important.

And excuse me for being utterly tired of "I don't do that" being peddled as some quasi justification for a feature this fundamental to the use of the service (Twitter) being overlooked in one of the most expensive Twitter clients in the App Store.

I didn't call the app bad. I simply said it was useless because of that overlooked feature. I can look through a live feed and none of the people live tweet use Tweetbot because of much of a PITA it is compared to Twitter for iOS. You can't learn feature additions into apps, and this is impossible to get used to.

Lists have nothing to do with it. I'm talking about actually tweeting and keeping track of one discussion under a hash tag. Not looking at a bunch of consolidated tweets in a list. The two aren't even the same thing, or close to the same thing.

The official app does Lists well enough. I have a few.

I participate in threads just fine on Tweetbot. Maybe you don't know how. I admit, they didn't make it obvious to see the option.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I forgot I had installed Tweetbot - I can't remember the last time I had opened it. In some ways I find it rather confusing. The use of color seems inconsistent. I just want black background with light gray or white text.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I forgot I had installed Tweetbot - I can't remember the last time I had opened it. In some ways I find it rather confusing. The use of color seems inconsistent. I just want black background with light gray or white text.

You get used to it the more you use it. I felt a bit that way at first. But the more I use it, the more I like it. My eyes need the dark theme. And I get really frustrated and irritated with all the promoted ad tweets on the Twitter app. It's gotten worse these past few months. A lot worse. It's just too much.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
You get used to it the more you use it. I felt a bit that way at first. But the more I use it, the more I like it. My eyes need the dark theme. And I get really frustrated and irritated with all the promoted ad tweets on the Twitter app. It's gotten worse these past few months. A lot worse. It's just too much.

No doubt - as if inserting them frequently into my timeline isn't enough, now I have to look at them every freaking time I read a full tweet?! Mercy!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77